April 11, 2014

San Diego in April - Mexicoach

Happy 10th Anniversary to us!!  We actually spent most of our Anniversary in Tijuana - visiting with Dra. Ruth!  She is the bestest!! :)  Yay!!!
It was a beautiful day!  We found our way across from the new and un-marked revised border crossing!  Don't know why the streets are almost empty - could it be that someone that does not have a predetermined reason for visiting TJ cannot find their way across any more?  I get teased because I absolutely refuse to drive over there - but jeez.... I have been going to the same address for over 15 years - and still don't recognize my way around in a cab or bus!  OH and the BUS ! ! ! !  Hahahahahaha!!!  3 times in 7 days, after Keith spent the day at Dra. Ruth's, we walked down to the station to catch the Mexicoach (or whatever it is that they call it these days) and 3 times we were told... "No Service Today"...  The coach was at the parking lot when we went in - but... on Friday the 4th - we had to take a cab from the station to the border and walk across because "last bus left at 3"... So when we went back on Monday I asked the attendant specifically - what time is last bus today... She said 5, every hour until 5... We got to the station at 1:30 - no bus this afternoon... said the pharmacist next door... no attendant... On the next Friday - again I asked the attendant on the US side... she said 'every 1 hour until 3... we got there at 2:30... no attendant, no service, no bus.  So on both of those occasions we again took a cab for $6 ($5 +$1 tip) to the border, walked across, and since Keith couldn't do the bridge walk again, we took a pedicab back across the bridge to the parking lot - for another $8... the $7 for the parking... SO I'm thinking that maybe the Border Station parking lot is no longer the best place to park... It used to be - but here I am again... living in history!  Oh, the pedicab ride was great!!  I would have loved to have had the option to take a longer ride... those guys sure earn their money!!  I asked the one fellow if he was sure he could get us across the bridge and he just laughed at me bwahahaha!!  They were so very nice!


 On Monday, while Dra. Ruth was taking care of Keith, I went over next door and got the most amazing facial EVER!!  For 2 hours I laid back in the chair with the sweetest tech working on my face... she massaged, oiled, creamed, electrocuted, zapped... oh MAN it was awesome!!!  and when my time was over my face was soooo soft... so sweet!!!  She did a pretty good massage on my neck and shoulders too...  oooohhhhh I could've just stayed there all day!!!!  and for ...... wait for it.... less than $50 INCLUDING TIP!!!


We had awesome weather for our whole stay.  The 'coldest' days were the weekend that the Padres were back in town - so our plans to attend a game were put on hold... I remember how cool the stadium downtown can be.... We've been there, done that, and have the blanket to prove it! :)

I <3 diego="" p="" san="">












I had a much better Monday than Keith did!!

No comments: