November 19, 2009

Climate hopping

Well, we made it back to Coos County with no incidents, issues, or extraordinary stories.  We stayed at Olde Towne for the rest of the week while finishing up the dental work and soaking up the sunshine.  I was a little saddened by not getting to catch up with Daria and Ty while we were there - buy I understand that they are very busy being busy... LOL :->

So.. we got back and were blessed with many, many apples.  I have been peeling, slicing, coring and making applesauce for days and days LOL.  It turned out to be very good applesauce too.  Tim had picked some apples as well as the ones I got from Clint and Sallie, so I gave him several jars of the non-sugar stuff.  Keith likes applesauce with no cinnimon and I like it with lots of it.  So I made some of each.  I also put up about a dozen jars to take up north with me.

We are heading out on our journey in just a few days.  It is so, so difficult to pack for.... a week in Bremerton, where it is most definately winter (I've been watching S'te's FB since she doesn't post on her blog anymore {hint hint}) and we need winter clothes.  But from there we start on our trip East via the Panama Canal, where we definately won't need winter clothes!  So I have to pack the limited supply of summer clothes (not many here at all!) and take them with me - which means I won't have any here at all when we get back - unless I pay for shipping stuff back to us (I'm for sure not paying $50 per suitcase to fly it back)!!! LOL  But then again - we are thinking of driving out this next trip (maybe) unless we fly into Seattle and get a vehicle and then go to the wedding - which means I'd have the same issue when we get back...

Or do I just dump the whole works and just buy new... LOL... I know Keith would just absolutely love that idea!  We did bonus on a little shopping spree that I did go on last weekend!  I got Oregon (OSU and UofO) sweatshirts for about 1/3 of thier normal price!!!  I got 2 whole bags of things for about the price of 1 item... I am really estatic about it too!!  I got the UofO things (of coarse) and Keith got a mixture - Ducky sweatpants with a Beaver sweatshirt.  So he is a Dukver!!! LOL or a Beaky...  So we have what we are taking and we are taking what we have.  And we are totally blessed to have it to take... :->

I am so excited to be headed back up to see my babies too!  It will be a very long stretch between visits after this one.  Clear 'til summer!!  Doesn't hardly seem right!  They will be all grown up by then :-< 

So, now that I've typed it all out - I know now what to pack - and I only have 2 suitcases - and Keith has convinced me that shipping some of the jams and jellies isn't a good idea - So, we'll just have to save it all until we come back to the Great Northwest!!  :-)

1 comment:

Our Hands For Hope said...

Diane,
I posted that cute pic of your grandson on my blog...what a cutie. So over I popped and I am so taken by your son's disapearance. I am so sorry. I just felt I needed to tell you that. It looks like you may have been foster parents also. We are fost/adopt parents 5 times here. Just want you to know I will pray tonight for continured insight and strenth from the Lord for you and your family.
Blessings to you,
Terisa