November 23, 2009

On our way.... again....


We are now arrived at Seaside, Oregon.  We arrived a bit ago after driving up the coast.  Yes, we did get out of the house.  Yes, we were late leaving... I was closer to the etl (estimated time of leaving) than Keith tho'.  He said noon, I said lucky if we got gone by 1... We pulled out of Fred Meyers parking lot at 1:45.  We had to stop and get dry ice for the 2 coolers and 1 box of frozen stuff going up to the kids' house.  We still left stuff for CLint and Sallie to find a place for!!!  Tim is set up with his wireless and cable, and all is good to go!


We had a lovely drive up.. at least before it got to dark to do anything but drive.  I was hoping that we would stay in Netwport (since I was figuring in a later etl I thought that it would be about dark when arriving there) but Keith decided on Seaside.  In all we did have a beautiful drive.  So many miles by the ocean!  It is just breathtaking, awe inspiring, and great to ponder the depths and breadths of it all.  The water was acting a little angry with huge waves breaking and some mist rising in spots.  Keith was going to take some pictures - but we found that, among other things, I forgot to charge the camera battery.


So, on thru all the little coastal towns, Yachats, Depoe Bay, the Western Coast part of the Lewis and Clark Trail (so now we have been at both ends and most of the middle of it),  Tillamook (where they make S'te's favorite cheese!) and lots of others, we went.  I commented on everything as I drove, Keith either commented back or snored (LOL). 

So along about Lincoln City, I asked Keith if he got the box of applesauce and the soup pot off of the side of the BBQ when he got the box of apples out of the deck shed.  Guess what!!  We drove off and left the the whole dozen jars of applesauce that I made!!  What a total bummer!  and I think (I'm not sure yet) that I also didn't pick up my bag of make up off of the dresser....  It doesn't seem to matter how early I start , or how hard I try..  I cannot seem to get it together when it comes time to leave - I ALWAYS find something that I've forgotten... HOWEVER... I did bring the chargers for both the camcorder and camera!!!

So all is well, we are a little over 1/2 way to the Elmores, the batteries are charging, and House is starting.. so enough for now!

Oh, the pictures are all compliments of Wikipedia.  It is a very interesting site.  It has all sorts of good things in it.

No comments: