February 8, 2010

Super bowl - Tailgate Lakewood Style

Being that I'm not a die hard for either of yesterday's teams - I had a great time at Lakewood Villages Super Bowl Tailgate.  They started the afternoon off with the installation of the new Social Club Officers - btw, I'm glad we got another year's worth of great volunteers to plan things for us!!

Then we chowed down on homemade chili, served up by more volunteers, and even more had the grills going for hot dogs and burgers.  We (I) visited with a lot of residents that I hadn't yet caught up with for this season and had some really good chats.  Got on the volunteer boards myself and will be hosting coffee this Tuesday and working the kitchen for Bingo that night.  That gets me back home in time for NCIS!! LOL  Tuesday has always been my favorite TV night.  They move the show and I just get a new Tuesday show...  So much for programming..

Keith brought out our tailgate camping recliners, the cooler, and we kicked back with those diehards that stayed to watch the game on the 'big screen'.  There was a vaariety of whooping and hollering going on.   We had Saints fans and Colt fans alike - all cheering and booing at the game.  It was a lot of fun!  We had leftovers from the Cookout and munched our way through until game end. 

I rooted for the Colts - I remember them from being a kid in Baltimore - back in the dark ages when we had Johnny Unitas (and the Jets had Joe Namath!).  Keith has always been partial to the fun he had in New Orleans - so he rooted for them - it made for some good natured ribbing and kept the game interesting!
It was cooler than usual for Vero - so sweatshirts (of all colors) were the order of the day.  I in my Oregon Ducks and Las Vegas, Keith in his Key West and Oregon Beavers - friends all over the hall in Gator, Steeler, Charger, Titans and who knows what other teams were represented.  All in great fun!

Nancy and Lou in thier tailgate regalia!!

Now we need our tickets for the Valentine's Day Dance - but first - I'm headed out to see what we need to do to get some grass seed planted and then off to the Line Dancing hour.  I fully intend to stay busy this season - no kids - I will be doing something!!

Hope you had a great superbowl too!

No comments: