May 7, 2010

Dining Room Set

The dining room set that we brought out here 6 years ago succumbed to the difference in humidity several years ago - and I gave it away.  Up until now we've had the desk in the 'dining area' as we had bedrooms set up for the foster care we used to do.  Since we've quit doing the foster gig here in Florida - we made one of the bedrooms into a den/office type of thing and the dining room has been empty.

Which was ok -

Then when Sharen and Jack were here - Sharen and I decided to put the kitchen set in the dining room so we wouldn't have to sit all the way at the other end of the house.  And it worked really well.  In fact, I would rather sit in the dining room than in the eat-in kitchen area (I can see more LOL).  But, then I had this bare room in the kitchen....

So...

I got the card table and chairs out of the rv and set them up - for temp.  Uncomfortable, ugly (as only a card table can be), and inadequate but useful to fill a spot for awhile while I looked for something I liked.  Sharen and I did lots of shopping, looking, pricing, and discussing.  Did I want to put another table in there - or a conversation group?  Just what did I want to do with that space?  Well, for all of these months I've done nothing with it.

Our friends, John and Jessie are getting a new dining room set.  I LOVE the one she was selling.  Other than a few dings and nicks from being a hurricane survivor - it is beautiful!  So....
So, of course, the set that Sharen and I moved out to the dining room has been returned to it's rightful place in the morning room!!

And lastly but certainly not leastly,
See that bouquet on the table?
I received that a couple of days early.


Thank you my sweet Baby Girl!

No comments: