July 10, 2010

My pesky battle

I had to pick up yet another prescription while in Pendleton.  A uti had been haunting me since St. Louis.  After picking up different meds there and in Yellowstone, I got a prescription for Cepro to assist in kicking this pesky, painful, nasty, annoying, haunting, blasted, (and as many other words as I can't think of right now).  Weeelllll~ the Cipro kicked me.  Right out of the ballpark.  As usual for me - I didn't read all the side effects - I don't generally get any side effects from anything.  I  am bull-headed and bound that I am going to get rid of this annoyance.  Since the kidney stone incidents in June ......

So anyway, I took the pill and didn't feel so well.  Thought maybe the stress from seeing Gerald and all the traveling had caught up with me.  I took to the bed and slept between the nausea.  Then the cramps hit... boy I was one miserable puppy!!  Until late that night this kept up.

But morning came and all was better!  Yay, that little bit of flu or stress was over.  Ate a bite of breakfast and took another pill before getting in the pickup to head for Washington.  {  ]  (  :(  Ugh.  We didn't make it 100 miles before I had to ask Keith to drive.  I couldn't enjoy the scenery, I couldn't do anything,  Just be miserable.  AGAIN. . .

When the nausea got so bad that I couldn't stand it any more Keith decided that we needed to make it a really, really short travel day and stopped at  the Best Western just beyond this gas station (that had a chapel right in the parking lot).  I was so ill that I was tempted to go in - but to sick to get out of  the pickup!

So our plan to drive straight over to S'te's was thwarted by this 'bug' that I seemed to have caught.  While calling to tell my sweet daughter that we wouldn't be there as planned - she looked up this 'different medication' that I was taking and learned that not all folks react to it very well.  Ok... so I went to lay on the bathroom floor with my pillow and didn't take any more Cipro.  I went back to the antibiotic that I was taking before.  Just to be taking something I guess.  I really got to feeling like a human again after many, many hours and it looks like we were going to be able to continue our trip - tomorrow!

We made it to Bremerton, a day late, but feeling better for the most part.  We got straight out of the pickup and into the van to go see what Keith saw on the internet - that he wanted and that S'te checked out for us.  We got to the place and found that the particular item that Keith had his heart set on had been sent to a different place.  To makes ure that no one else ended up with this particular item - they called ahead and had it held for us and S'te took us STRAIT there to get it.

and

And

Here is

And he jumped right into Keith's lap and hasn't left it since! :-)
Keith has changed the pronunciation of his name and he is now called 'Kako' but we've left the spelling alone... after all, who cares?

A great choice, they bonded immediately, and have remained fast friends!

Thank you S'te, for finding him for Papa!
Couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: