January 5, 2010

A flood and a lot of work

While we were on our cruise, we got a disturbing cruise from Clint.  Pipes in the bathroom had burst and flooded parts of the house.  Beings as there is only so much you can do - from out in the ocean - we depended heavily on Clint to take care of the mess - and he did a great job of it too.  I was really sorry to have to dump so much on his shoulders right with the holidays, company, Sallie's surgery, and all of the other stuff he had going.  He and Sallie came thru as only real true friends can.  They got the furniture and clothes moved out of harm's way and into a storage unit and numerous other untold things.  I don't know what we would've done without them.  The damage could have been much worse had it not been for all of the things that they did to try to get rid of the damaged and wet material and dry out the house.  Clint even met with a contractor and the insurance adjuster for me.  Shawn took pictures that I was able to look at when we finally got back on US soil - so we got to see the scope of the damage.  All of the new flooring in the kitchen was ruined, standing water soaked thru the carpets, wicked up and through the walls, and generally did lots and lots of damage.  I haven't seen the new kitchen cabinets for myself yet - but some of the pictures show water damage to them also.  I want to just cry!!!




Needless to say, we will be headed out to the West Coast this weekend.... to see what we can see, do, or get done. 

God works in mysterious ways... so I have put it out there for Him.  I can't do anything else but depend on others ~ and pray.

No comments: