August 4, 2007

Padres vs Giants


After our busy Saturday afternoon we all rested up and gathered at Petco Park for the Padre/Giant's game. It was expected that Barry Bonds would at least tie the home run record if not beat it. Keith had bought the tickets for all 22 of us several months ago - before we knew we would be witnessing the bit event!!


We had 3 rows of nosebleed seats but suprisingly, we could see everything!! April and Rick are sports lovers and, of course, once I get into a stadium - I'm not leaving until the fat lady sings!!!


So anyhow, Earl and his brother and Mr. Tim joined in this excursion. S'te and I went and picked out Padre t-shirts for everyone (Rick, April, Elizabeth, and Brennan wore Cardinal shirts) and Keith wore his #1 Grandpa shirt that had ALL of the kids' handprints on them. The weather was great - if not just a bit warm -

Barry Bonds tied the record during his first at bat -Of course, I was disappointed in the Padres for intentionally walking him during his next at bats. I HATE the whole concept of intentional walks - it's ~like ~ lack of sportsmanship or something. They shouldn't be "allowed" to just not even make an attempt to pretend like they are trying to pitch to a player. Just 'cause they are scared of them. . . . My constant rant - every time I see it. But as you all already know - the Padre's won thier game after 12 innings.
S'te had her camera ready!! She also took lots of family pics, scenery pics, baseball pics, Barry Bonds pics and then the Grand Finale!! The fireworks. Click HERE for the slideshow.
So we spent another evening all together, as a family, bonding in a way that I could've only prayed for. It was a wonderful evening for me.

No comments: