June 13, 2008

The Cistern

We've been busy our few weeks here on the South Coast! I've been clam digging a couple of times with Clint and Sallie. Keith likes clams well enough that he even got some rubber boots and rain pants and went with me one day. The clam tides were really good last week - so we took full advantage of them. I'm sorry to say that I just can't dig a full limit... If I get 8 or so - I'm done.... I also cheat and let them clean themselves out overnight before I do the chore of cleaning them and getting them ready for the freezer. It takes a couple of digs for me to get enough for a meal. If only I were younger, stronger, and in better shape!!! It's tough work . . . my admiration for those who go out and get full limits every day of decent tides is insurmountable!!!

We didn't get rid of our excessive water problem last year, so we tried it again this year. Digging deeper and putting a concrete storage cistern in... From the looks of it - this may work! Thank the Lord!! Clint cut the top off of the old cistern and put gravel and dirt in it for a raised strawberry bed!! I'll be a farmer yet :-) Click here for other pics.

We've also been busy getting the "guest room" ready for S'te's visit! The camper has had "issues" that were never taken care of before . . so we've had to replace the furnace and get the water heater fixed. Of course, lots and lots of cleaning!! I don't know how some people live in total filth - but obviously - they do!

My project while Keith is gone to get the kids is to clean up the yard, get the freezer stocked, and finish up in the camper. Sallie has loaned me enough towels and washcloths and Donna showed up yesterday with an inflatable bed, sheets and all!! Sharen and Jack plan to come down from Klamath and all the rest of our Family has been invited to a BBQ/birthday celebration July 4th weekend - so we will have lots of fun and good visits then. I am so looking forward to our upcoming events!! and to being able to relax in the newly dried out back yard!! I am so totally and completely blessed - the only thing I could possibly ask the Lord for now is to bring someone to give us news of Jeremy.... that would so totally complete my life.

So that is my news for now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for dry yard and heat! Can't wait to get there! Less than a week!!