October 7, 2008

The Shed is DONE!


After finally getting a pro to complete the building part - IT IS DONE! Tim and Keith are now doing the inside part of the completion. I hope it gets done in time to "move in" before we head south!! It is a very, very strong building - It'll be there long after our house falls down :-)
In other news - Cousin Robin called today with the news that our tuna is going to be available for pick up on Monday so we will be canning tuna next week. It will be the first time I have tried to do it myself but I plan to "practice" by helping Sallie this weekend with hers. Everyone needs to wish me luck!!
I hope to see Amanda and her children sometime this weekend - if not - at least before we head south! I haven't seen her since Brayana was a baby - so it will be a wonderful thing to see what a woman she has grown into and it is so hard to believe that she is a Mom herself! But I do know that we have all grown up (or in my case - out) in the last 11 years! Yeah!!!
Rod will be home from his deployment tomorrow - I know that S'te and the kids are all waiting as impatiently as they can - It will be great for them to have him home again. I know they all missed him very much.
We will celebrate Keith's birthday tomorrow - we will have dinner with Clint, Sallie, and Tim so fun and laughs will be had by all of us. I am looking forward to it.
Since we are "short timing" it right now - I doubt that we will have any other guests during the rest of our time here this season. I have gotten all the "kid stuff" cleaned up and put away for the remainder of this year. We had a total of 9 littles stay with us - 3 for respite and the rest either returned home or to relatives. What a blessing!! Some have trouble understaning the reasoning behind having our guests with us - but are very supportive during the acutal processes. We all really enjoy "our" kids!
So that's my update for this month. What's yours?

1 comment:

Sharen said...

Happy Birthday to Keith! Sounds like it was a good one!

So how did the tuna canning go?

I can't believe it but Jack and I bought canning jars too! Never thought I'd can anything again. I've held out for a no cook receipe though!

The shed looks terrific!