December 14, 2008

Packing again!

We no sooner got to Florida than Keith was assigned a meeting back in San Diego! So, after being here 25 days, 10 days at hsome and 15 days (I've counted each and every one!LOL) we are headed back to San Diego! Of course, this is no hardship for me - other than feeling like a total transient, of course!

We have packed up the RV so it is safe and nothing should blow away while we are gone. Our flight is tomorrow afternoon - and we will arrive in San Diego while it is still afternoon! - Boy do I like the East to West flights! We will stay with the kids YIPPEE! until Christmas morning - which will include watching the "babies" so Rod and S'te can do whatever-it-is-he's-got-planned for thier 13th anniversary! A lot has happened over those years!!

I received sad news from Maryland a few days ago. Jeremy's father, Joe, has been suffering with esophageal cancer for the last few years and finally succumbed to it on December 5. I know in my heart that he and Jeremy will become best of buddies up there in Heaven - and I'm hoping that between the two of them - they will find a way to help us find out what happened to Jeremy here on Earth. All thru the years Joe has remained a good friend to our family, and has remained very special even after his death. He definately is a special sort of person......

So off with the sadness - and Celebrate our Christmas Season. Merry Christmas everyone.... No one is getting cards, very few gifts went anywhere, and I am happily wandering along..... "Joy to the World!!"

2 comments:

Sharen said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It does me good to hear you aren't letting the Christmas "traditions" make your life crazy...I don't need more paper in my house and have few if any "needs". I feel presents should go to those in need of things unless something very particular and special that applys to a certain person is found! Love ya!

Sharen said...

Sis, I'm sorry to hear of Joe's passing but glad he has found rest and peace from the physical pain and emotional stress of knowing death is emminent. Thinking of Jeremy and Joe getting to know one another on the other side is good!
Love, Sharen