January 13, 2010

PRAY!!

Can you just imatine what it would be like to not be able to find your loved ones under collapsed rubble, or have any running water, toilet facilities, a roof over your head, and your home collapsed from a sudden tradegy - like a 7.0 earthquake!  And then for it to be colder than you are used to and .... to have it rain.  Haiti has had a really rough decade - political junk aside - they've had storms, hurricanes, floods, landslides, and about everything else possible happen to them just in the last few years.  Political corruption robs the humitarian aide - and  - the people have still survived! 

Most of us have few troubles compared to this.  We don't get our 'wants', "would likes',  or things that we think we need - but we are warm, dry, overweight, clothed, fed, hydrated, and so terribly lucky!  Even when we here in the US have a 'natural disaster' - WE have our government, our organizations, our infrastructure to bail us out.  Can you imagine?  I guess - if I walked out into the street - and that was it - no car, no home, no food stamps, no welfare, no insurance (no hospital because it collapsed too), no medical care, my clothes gone, my food ruined, not even a toothbrush, maybe then I might feel 1/100 of the pain they are feeling - because deep down I KNOW that my friends, family, neighbors, countryment, and yes - our government - have something - somewhere - to assist me.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like there - and all I can do is PRAY.  PRAY that the nasty comments and negegative junk I've been reading is just junk - not the way people really feel.  We live in the best country in the world - even if we do want everything for free!  We are spoiled brats - that is what we - as a nation - have become.  I am sorry for us - but truly heartbroken for those in Haiti.

God Bless them - and please - if you can do nothing more for them - PRAY,

No comments: