April 20, 2006

Kiah and the Girls


Easter 001
Originally uploaded by Amah.
We started Easter out with a bang. S'te got ALL of her kids dressed and ready to go before taking the older ones to prepare for their Presentation at the Assembly of God Easter Egg Hunt. I happily volunteered to take the younger ones with me a bit later so that they wouldn't be in the way. I got my baby dressed and finally found something totally inappropriate (but it fit) to wear and we tried to be on our way. S'te had the keys!! All of them!! Keith had the keys for the rental car - but we wouldn't all fit. S'te had the extra keys to ALL the cars in her purse!!! So, Rod had to fly (he did make record time) back and pick them up so that we could all go. They looked so cute in the Easter finery. The older kids were all in their Action Unies since they were performing so no Easter finery for them. I personally think they were just as happy with that, tho'.

So we made it to the presentation in plenty of time - it was wonderful watching all five participate in the show. I was so proud that tears came to my eyes. And I'm not being dramatic either (that's Destini and Sharen's jobs) I am really extremely proud of all of them. I do hope that they all continue to do wo well. We were there for the continued unbelievable greed of parents of toddlers when it comes to plastic eggs!! I am amazed every time I see a parent carrying a child and picking up the eggs for them - or scooping them up so no other babies can get to them. It's supposed to be a fun thing for them. Not a knock-down-drag-out to see who can be the greediest. I kinda expect it from the preschool kids themselves - but the parents should know better. We are supposed to be celebrating the Rising of Jesus -not who can show the most greed the fastest. OK - off of my soap-box and on with my story.

We stopped by the Legion Post 460 for a truly nice breakfast and visited with a few old friends that we hadn't seen in a long while and then headed back home (to S'te & Rod's) to pack for our return to Vero. Lonnie picked this night to stay up all night with his new teeth that haven't showed up yet. We had to be on the road at 4 am and he finally crashed about 2:30 or so. I did get up and got ready to go in time. We got to the airport in plenty of time for our 5:45 boarding time to find that the plane had been delayed an hour - I could've slept longer!!!!!! But we had plenty of time for our connection in Chicago and were on our way.

There were no further delays or problems and we arrived home Monday evening as planned, called all the people we know to let them know we were back and are trying still to get back to EST. Lonnie stayed up until 11 last night and I am still sleeping until 9 or so. I have to get straightened out before it's time to return to San Diego in June. Our plans are to try to fly on either the 2nd or 3rd. Depends on the schedules - Papa will do well - he always does.

Lonnie is up - ready for lunch -

Comment and tell me about your Easter. I miss hearing from people.

3 comments:

T said...

I think sometimes parents get a little carried away. They want their kids to have the most fun but, they forget fun does not come from getting lots of stuff.

Our Easter started with a Way of the Cross walk on Friday, soup at the poor man's supper, watching our oldest in the passion play (tears in my eyes too). Sunday we found many foilwrapped chocolate eggs. So fun to watch the 2 year old. Went to Mass forgot that so many people go to mass twice a year so we had to stand. Brunch at SIL and dinner for 25 at our house. All in all a fun Easter.

Anonymous said...

Some of those people really were greedy. The thing that got me was the fact that the eggs were EMPTY!! Why be SO greedy over empty plastic eggs!?
My kids had fun anyway though!

Anonymous said...

I updated. Now it's your turn. How's it going with those new kids!?