April 15, 2006

S'te's flower bed


S'te's flower bed
Originally uploaded by Amah.
Grandpa Doland would be very proud of her!! She dug, leveled, and placed all the block herself. None of the rest of us could get them quite right. She is really adamant about how she wants things done!! Rod ran the 'tiller and Papa babysat. We did the family thing between the house work and our "vacation".

last Saturday we went to TJ to see
Dr. Ruth. She pulled 2 teeth and took impressions for a partial. We stopped down at the cantina for Keith to have lunch and watch the touristas. It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed it. The only bad part wes the way back. I wanted to walk back to the other courtyard since we hadn't been there in so long. The line was horrible. The walking line was clear back beyond where we used to get out of the cabs. Keith found a bus that ws almost empty and we got on for a buck each. So we got to sit instead of stand for the next 2 hours. Something must've happened for the busses to take so long. They are usually a lot quicker (and easier on the feet) than standing in line!! Then we went up by Sera Mesa and visited with friends there. We definately had a full day!!

I had to go back to get my partial on Thursday so we made the trek again!! We met our friend Earl at Dr. Ruth's and he and Keith had a chat while Dr. Ruth whittled on my new teeth. She takes great pride in getting things perfect so we don't have problems after we leave!! After aquiring the new rocks in my mouth we went for lunch, at the courtyard. Keith had his machaca favorites and I had a fabulous shrimp cocktail. It isn't like the ones in the US. It totally puts the US ones to shame!! So then we did some shopping and headed back to the bus station. After the last fiasco I didn't even mention walking across this time!! Anyhow, we got on the bus and sat our required 2 hours - the walking side was empty!!!! So after a spell of non-movement Keith decided that we could get in line. We were thru (walking) before the bus 2-busses-ahead got to the gate!!! So we walked again!! But this time we went out the other door and had to walk down the street and over the bridge to the lot for the car. We definately got several miles in this week!! By now my new rocks had caused some sore spots on my tongue and the areas where the teeth used to be were quite tender and I had a headache. So we came straight home so I could irritate the grandkids!! They had spent the day being quite the earth-movers. Look at the Money Pit Blog to see the difference. It is amazing!!! Both S'te and I have pics on Flickr also. You totally won't believe it!!

We have only today and tomorrow left before we have to trek back to the tropics. Don't know what is on the agenda but time here always seems to go by so quickly! I never get everything done that I planned and never get to see all the people that I want to see. Part of the problem is me - I don't drive while we are out here - I don't know where I am~~ and it is too far away from where I used to live for others to come out here - and I've come to accept that the world lives on - whether I'm involved in it or not !) Maybe when we get back in June I'll get braver about driving and get out to see people. We shall see.

The kids are presenting tomorrow for Easter at the Assembly of God Church on Phyllis Place. I am looking forward to watching the Middle Kids (Brayana, Destini, and Jaleel) perform. This will only be their 2nd or 3rd time total. I plan to record it and I will send dvd's to family (that is provided that I get the dvd to work).

So ya'll have a happy Easter and don't eat to many eggs ~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're blog reminded me that I have eggs in the girls baskets in the closet!! Guess I shouldn't forget them.