March 19, 2007

In charge

I know, I'm the one always hollering for others to update so I have something to read. Everyone seems to think they need an activity or subject to post on and I'm probably as bad as you, but here is for today:

The Good Lord knew better than to put me in charge of anything. . . .

They found the little boy in GA. NEIGHBORS!! How horrible!! Neighbors who confessed and led the law on a wild goose chase looking for the body - 'cause they "couldn't remember where they put it". WHAT A HORROR!! I feel so bad for the family. The horrors of losing a child is a known horror to me. The certainty of what happened is somthing I doubt that I'll ever know. Until my babies were grown - I knew the WHOLE neighborhood. Everyone in it and all their kids. I didn't always keep their names straight and to this day couldn't tell you what they were - but I knew who they were - and probably more about them than they wanted me to know. But that was then and this is now. Today everyone is to busy with 2 jobs, forty outside interests, and oversheduling that they don't get to know thier neighbors. These parents knew the neighbors were undesirable and couldn't do anything about it. How sad!!!

They arrested a man south of here for leaving his gun where his 14 year old could get it. The man thought he had emptied it when in fact there was 1 bullet left. The boy shot himself. The father is in jail. He is grieveing over his son, his stupidity and carelessness, and they put him in jail. Is everyone that is guilty of stupidity and carelessness going to jail? How about all these parents that are stupid and careless and cause thier children to grow up the same as they are? Jail them all???

Couey got the death penalty. His ruse of coloring and drawing throughout the trial didn't fool the jury. God and justice has prevailed. Now we wait and see how many appeals he has. How long will he be fed, bathed, housed, medicated, and examined on taxpayer dollars for brutally raping a young girl and burying her alive?

Does anyone see stupidity above? I wish I could be judge and jury on these - but the Lord knows that I wouldn't be kind and forgiving. Even virtually, I find it hard to forgive the insensitivity of man, our laws, and the acceptance of Godless ways. I don't care what name anyone calls God by. My Lord is calling to people to come to know him, band together, care for and watch out for each other. As the Bible says Earth, Wind, and Fire. I wonder if the desensitizing of people is part of the Fire?

No comments: