May 7, 2007

Spring Repairs Done

We've had a busy day today. The roof repairers were here at 8 am to start fixing the leaks on our roof. The manufacturer never put a "flashing" on the roof when they made it. When it rains (which is usually often) it pours into our screen room. They worked all day but got it all done. Now I'm waiting for a rain so see if they found the leaky spot(s). It looks pretty good but I was suprised when he guessed the age of the roof to be 7-8 years old. The "manufacture date" in the closet says October 2003. Not a good sign!!!! We also got the a/c units thier "annual" checkups and cleanings. hehe Vernon from In Reason HVAC did an excellent job - as usual.

We also went to Okeechobee for our first time. We went to the hearing that was real close to what we used to watch on "The Guardian". Everyone introduced themselves, the judge asked the case manager what was going on, she replied with less than basic, truthful info, the GAL that I've never met had submitted a less than truthful report, and the Judge never read my letter. Basic JR. Crap. I did talk to Mom for a few minutes and she seems to be in a good frame of mind and thanked me for the personal pictures and videos of the kids that I sent with them. Glad they made it to her - I was concerned after the last workers lost the picture albums. I wish her good luck. The kids deserve it. They deserve a real life instead of being shoved from home to home by the system.

Anyhow we are childless and getting ready for yet another short trip before we head out for the summer. It's way to quiet here. Gotta go see the kids. I've been checking my "blogline" often for updates. S'te is working hard on her house - she is "nesting" big time - I vaguely remember that time - just before the baby comes. Fond memories. Check out her newest pics on her blog. The "Money Pit" is looking better all the time!!

Got some closets cleaned out and dinged out the shed. Put a pile of "stuff" out on the curb. By this morning everything was gone. Better that than the dump.

Trying to eat all the open stuff and keep leftovers to a minimum. It's hard not to open that jar of something - because it will have to be tossed before we can turn off the fridge. Just little things. . .

Oh, and I went shopping. Repairing my wardrobe. :) Tried on a pair of shorts. They fit so I got the same ones in 2 other colors and a pair of jeans. The pair I tried on still fits, the other 2 are 2 big and the jeans are 2 small. All the same size, same brand. Go figure. Took the 2 small and the 2 big stuff back, tried another pair on, they fit - so I finally wound up with 2 new pair of shorts. And 2 more pair to return. I'm working on getting something to wear on the cruise in August. Another bit blessing to look forward too. I have so many!! It is going to be a great summer!!! Wedding, baby, cruise, family, friends, wonderful husband. . . . life can't get any better. Only 1 thing could possibly happen to make it all perfect. . . .

I am so looking forward to seeing my little fat girl. . . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow you shall be here!! YEAH!!

Glad to see that you got your stuff done and your wardrobe together.

We have been cleaning out here as well. I think I need to make a trip to the dump but it's been to hot.