May 11, 2007

We are here

We had a great flight across the country yesterday. All went wonderfully. I had never been on a plane as big as Delta's Boeing 767. We both got isle seats right across from each other. We had a short flight from Orlando and then a longer one from Atlanta to San Diego. The kids all seemed glad to see us. I didn't see Tyrique until this morning just before he went to school. He is playing Lacrosse so he has practice after school and I laid down on the couch about 9 (midnight in the time zone we left) and didn't wake up until about 2. It was a long, long day. We actually even stopped by Channel 1 for about an hour.

Today S'te and I went to the Muffins for Mom's "Concert" that was performed by Mak's kindergarten class. It was great!! I think I embarrased him. Tetee ate her muffin and drank her water like a little lady. The kids were really good. The "Concert" was for Mother's Day and they all just worked really hard. It was amazing and really touching. I am so glad that I was able to be here to see it. I felt like the worst Grandma ever - I forgot my camera!!!!

I cooked a big meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy tonight. It's been awhile since I've made a meatloaf for 12. There was a little bit of meatloaf, a spoonful of potatoes, and some gravy left. But not much, so it must've been ok. We all sat down to the table and had a wonderful family meal with all the kids taking turns being told how to sit up to the table, keep their elbows off the table, talking, chatting, laughing. We really had a great time. We were only missing Ty (again) as he had practice and a game tonight. I hope we do it many times in the next couple of weeks - and I hope that Ty will get to join us a couple of times.

I am impressed totally about S'te "nesting" abilities. The fence looks like it was professionally done and the painting of the library and all the pictures in the library and hallway hung. She's sure been busy, busy!!

No plans in the future except for enjoying the kids and keeping Kiah healthy so that he doesn't have anything get in the way of his having his surgery on the 24th. I am soooo blessed with having such a wonderful, kind, caring and empathetic husband. He is so dear.... he immediately re-booked our return flight as soon as we got news about the surgery. And the helper at the Airlines actually shopped around and got us flights for the same price so we only had to pay the change fee.

All seems to be going well and I am sure glad to be here.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You sound like a neat family! I saw your comment on Chris' site about your missing child. I am thankful that to the Lord, no one is missing. Makes me long for Heaven! I am so glad you have poured yourself into these little lives...you are making a difference! Certainly you are taking care of the fatherless. Bless you, Sweet Sister!

May God multiply the work your doing one hundred fold and give these children some hope.
Blessings,
Holly Smith
Monument, CO