May 8, 2008

Ready, Set, ???

Well, it's the last day. . . . I've been cleaning, packing, unpacking, got my last 6 loaves of bread baked, the sheets are in the washer, dishwasher is running. All that is left is to put the stuff in the car and put away the stuff from above. My dear, wonderful, procrasinating, Husband has now decided that this is the time to clean out his pickup, worry about the number of black garbage bags we have left, and maybe, hopefully, put the things back in the storage that he has taken out over the last few days!!! :-)

Oh, we are doing great. He gave me the Noon on the 8th timeframe - and I will be ready!! The weather is helpong me get ready really quickly!! Up until last week I was ok with the heat . . . . . high 80's not to much humidity. . . . yesterday fixed that!!! I was sitting at my little laptop . . . . . sweating!!!

We finished all of our "travel" appointments with the various doctors that we seem to have accumulated over the years. . . got prescriptions refilled, tossed stuff that expired (it's really nice since this gets done 2x a year!!), sent clothes to charity as I was packing (ooops - no button there! haven't seen this on a body since. . . . ., and the inevitable. . . . this doesn't fit right). Pastor Craig included traveling mercies in our Wednesday group. .

I finally have gotten a hard diagnosis from a nerologist - fibromyalgia - and he has taken me off of several meds that I did use and replaced them with 1 - and of course, pain meds, for when I just "can't take it anymore". . . . but even tho' I generally ache all over . . . . I feel much more alert than I was. Mostly it is under control.... Keith's Doctors have given him a clean bill . . . his neuro had tried a different combo of meds to control the Parkinsons but they didn't work as well as the prior ones . . . so he will go back to them.... yippeee!!!! So we both wake up in the mornings with our "old age" aches and go for today!!!

All in all, our life is great. Our day of travel is upon us. We are ready. . . . well, almost :-) Wish us well and keep us in your prayers. . . . first stop. . . . Mom Beatty's. We hope to spend Mother's Day in Indiana with her. . . . God willing.

No comments: