June 23, 2009

They were here....

The Elmore family arrived about 2 days ahead of their eta... and I am happy for every minute they were able to be here!!! Evidently they didn't spend as much time traveling as I thought they would!!

While they were here they accomplished all sorts of things.... Thanks to Shawn and company at D&R Traditional Builders - the studio was finished in time - Tim got himself out of the camper - and there was a place for them all
to sleep!! Yay!! So now, - the studio is done, my kitchen is finished (except for the stuff that I haven't decided what I want done yet!), and the garden is growing! Rod and S'te mowed the lawn, made sure the garden was weeded, shopped for a vehicle, and stripped, textured, and painted the kitchen walls. On Saturday we had company from Powers and Myrtle Point. Aunt Nita, Uncle Jim, Susie and her Husband, and Linda all came bearing food.... Amanda and Jason brought the kids and a homemade potato salad (that was totally yummy!) and we had a great time catching up. Amanda brought me the cutest handmade invitation for Danika's 2nd birthday. These girls.. they are such great Mom's! I was really suprised that no other family or friends came - I am sure that it is their loss, I know we missed seeing them. The weather was not really wonderful... it was overcast, windy, and usual June Coos Bay weather.... but that is why we planned it for so early to start with! LOL... So we had enough food left over ~~~ that we sent a bunch of it away.

They had themselves and the 3 oldest kids packed up and were on their way to Washington by 1 pm on Sunday - and were waylaid by backlogged traffic due to an 'incident' on the bridge in Portland - so didn't make it up there until really late!

So I have the 3 youngest for a few days, or so. We are having great fun playing in the yard and taking care of the garden. Mak has been picking the ripe strawberries for me, Tetee and Mak helped to weed the garden and thin the carrots today... Tetee has been busy helping me water every day... Maybe tomorrow I will get a bit more done.

I was going to post pictures - but I can't make my 'puter behave, so you'll have to go to Flickr to see the final result on the studio.
The studio

Destini's Birthday

S'te and Amanda with their 'almost 2's"!

Really cool hand crafted invitation!!

And Naner and Jayman in my freshly painted, new cabinets, and floored kitchen!!

Live is wonderful ~ ~ you just have to be patient ~ ~

No comments: