October 16, 2009

Makkiah

I spoke with S'te late last evening.  Mak is doing a bit better.  He has allowed them to raise the head of his bed to about 20 degrees without having to terribly much more pain.  They have allowed him to suck on ice chips a couple of times also.  His pain meds have dropped a bit - his bp has come down enough they know his pain level has dropped... all really great news!

They haven't tried a tube feeding yet - will not do that for another day or two yet.  I heard that they want to make sure he can tolerate his own body fluids before they put anything else into him.  He said his throat feels better than 'it ever has' even before the surgery - so the reflux levels must be down quite a bit.  So things are looking up for him!!

The other 5 and I are 'bonding'! LOL  The older girls are helping in many ways - it is amazing how things change as they get older.... now for the hormone levels to just level out (oh, I'm so relating... mine are going the other way... LOL), Jaleel is busy from the time he wakes until bed with school and sports.  He does take time out to eat - but so far - that is about it!  Tetee has made it to Head Start - and I've even remembered to pick her back up... and CB and I have become best pals.  So I have had a wonderful time so far.  Sometimes relating different happenings might sound a bit b***** but really - nothing out of normal is happening...

Oh, and BTW my DD has learned e-speak... he puts LOL on everything he sends to me... he said it is for 'lots of love' -  that is my funny for today... LOL

No comments: