October 26, 2009

Washington visit

My visit to Washington is coming to an end.  Tomorrow morning S'te will drop me at the shuttle so I can catch an airplane and meet Keith in San Diego.  He has to work but I plan to enjoy the sun and dry out from my two weeks here in the drippy fall!

I have enjoyed being with the kids and thier family.... doing the school thing, going to Tetee's soccer game (I missed Jaleel's Saturday afternoon tho' - and his team won!!), and cooking for people that eat - and I do mean eat!  I've always enjoyed watching people enjoy food that I've fixed!  Last night Brayana, Destini, and I fixed homemade pizza casseroles.  There was very little left over - even Cavelle had 3 pieces!  I found the 'soy' section at Safeway so was able to score some soy ice cream for Makk - so we all had ice cream for dessert!  Amanda and her family even stopped by for a short visit!  It was a great fun evening!

Today comes the job of doing laundry and making sure I've picked up and packed all my 'stuff'.  It is amazing how quickly one can get 'spread out'!! LOL

Makk is back to school this morning (he will still miss 2 days this week for post op followups)!!  It is so amazing how God made the human body as resilient as it is.  I know we don't always think so - I've had my bouts with self pity! - but to see this little guy looking so great - when not so long ago - it caused him agonizing pain to eat anything solid, move on or off of a bed (right after surgery), and terribly inactive due to the lack of nutrition his body was able to process - it is truly amazing!   S'te has taken them so that she can show the staff how to hook and unhook his tube and flush the port after feedings.  It is really sooooo much simpler than the oral fed formula drama so many times every day.  Technology is such a blessing (at most times LOL)!!

And... right after S'te left with the boys- thier PE teacher called - she has nominated Jaleel for some sort of award for his perseverence and focused (yes, Jaleel!) achievemensts on the UNICYCLE!!  He is the fastest in the school - and by the way - Makk is the fastest for his grade.  I've not seen him ride - I hope to for our next visit!  I didn't realize that he had advanced that far in such a short time!

I told her that S'te was probably pulling up at the school as we were speaking - so she was going to try to catch her there.  What a great achievement!  Way to go JMan!

So my next post should be from sunny San Diego!  I'm ready!

No comments: