October 12, 2009

The Great Pumpkin!!


10-10-2009 12-22-57 PM_0030
Originally uploaded by Amah
Saturday Clint and Sallie came over... Joe and Halley too. They brought the little trailer... they loaded all 340 pounds of pumpkins on it and brought it down to the garage where it got weighed! Joe did the weighing for us... The biggest was 144 (I think) pounds, and the smaller 3 each were about 75 pounds each.

Joe loaded 2 of them into the car so that I could bring them with me up to Bremerton for the kids, the largest went to Sallies for Halley and Tucker to carve for Halloween, and Clint dropped the other one off at Judy's.

I know there are lots and lots of bigger pumpkins. Ones that would make these just look like seeds... but they are the biggest ones I've ever grown, or even seen for that matter. And I am proud of them!!

After getting to Bremerton on Monday, the World Newspaper called and asked about them... sooooo funnnnyyyyy!!!

No comments: