November 18, 2010

Okay,,, here we go...

It has been a nice summer.  A few bumps in the road, but generally nice.  I have so much to be thankful for but will try to hit the high spots so I can catch up!  I got to see Gerald twice this summer and got to visit twice each time, and I am so glad for that as he finally gave up his fight on November 12.  He was many things to many different people ~ but he was my little brother ~ and I was actually no better prepared for him to pass than I was when others that were so very close lost the battles they fought.

Little Chaito made himself right at home and has been the best little guy!  He is definitly a Daddy's boy - and we have been well entertained by him.  The best picture we ever saw on the internet!

We fostered 3 little ones this summer.  That was quite a few since we didn't make it to Coos Bay until the middle of July!  We had a little fellow that we did respite for - the cutest little redhead you ever did see too!  And we got a newborn 4 pound infant right from the hospital.  We had her until she was well-established and went on to work her way thru the system.  Wishes and prayers for the best of luck went with this little one - another little cutie for sure!  Then we had a little chubby cheeked baby girl come to visit for a bit ~ until it was time for us to get ready to leave.  So I stayed very busy with these little guests - just adorable babies.... Gifts to me.  I loved their little hugs, kisses, smiles, and just holding and cuddling these little darlings... It doesn't get much better that that! :->

 Rod and S'te brought the van down to us ~ and they brought the kids with them too :->   They seemed to have a great time hiking up to The Falls, swimming up at Daphne Grove, visiting with old friends and family.  They stopped in Powers and visited with Aunt Nita and Uncle Jim for a bit on their outing up that way.

Amanda, Jason, Coby, and Danica came over for a fun BBQ and they went down to Bandon to visit them after a day of horseback riding in Coquille.  I think they had a good time...
 I got photos of every one but Destini.  She seemed to make herself scarce every time I had the camera out... hehee!!







I didn't have a garden this year but still found time to do a bit of canning.  I made several canner-loads of jellies, stews, tomatoes, applesauce, and fruits.  I enjoy doing it - we just don't seem to eat enough to go thru it fast enough!  I am so glad that I have so many people that humor me by taking the 'fruits-of-my-labors" off of my hands.

Dad was close for the summer and into the fall - so I stopped by to see him each time I made the trip up to Powers to see Uncle Jim - and he stopped by to see me a few times too.  I so enjoy having family around and close enough to visit!  It is just so heartwarming to me :)

Now, let's see, what did I miss ... ... ...

Oh, just before Labor Day I braved the traffic and made a jaunt over to see Mom and Teri.  And managed to make a mid sized donation to the wonderful CHP's on the way back home.  And I tried to hard to avoid all of the speed traps that they have around there. . I just had to go to the restroom.  Geez... the best laid plans..

Tim stayed busy all summer fixing, puttering, and helping get all the things that the contractors did half way (or skipped them all together) and generally being quite a big help ~ and it helps him out too ~ gives him a few extra spending dollars ~ Helps everyone out.  I do wish that the contractors had done as good as it looked like they'd done ~ They were paid in full for all sorts of 'short-cuts' that they too - as well as out and out not doing a few things properly.  And I know it is (was) my own fault for not being close to supervised more directly.  But I do love my little house and beautiful yard... It is getting better every summer~  this year Tim is putting in sidewalks... another step in the right direction!

So... it has been a great summer.

No comments: