September 13, 2006

God Bless America

Fallen, Not Forgotten

S'te sent me the link to this Tribute that the Action Team presented at the Traveling Wall when it was in San Diego. Ty and Deria have been members of the team for several years now. I still go and watch them present at EVERY opportunity. I LOVE to watch them even tho' they bring tears to my eyes. These teens and children are a totally refreshing view of what the Love of the Lord can bring. They are soooo awesome. This isn't the clearest video - but listen and watch - it'll make your heart swell with pride. These children are AMERICANS and PROUD OF IT and they are CHRISTIANS and PROUD OF IT. How strong would our wonderful country be if we ALL distributed this kind of pride in ourselves, our family, our faith, and our country? No terrorists could touch us.

I've spent a few days trying to think of what I wanted to say to commemorate 9-11. I know where I was, I was at home. I know it was 6 am. I was watching the news as I was getting ready for work. I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't believe that ANYONE could be evil enough to even think of harming a bunch of innocent people. All those people did wrong was show up for work. It is so heartbreaking. It is the reason we desperately need those Men and Women in Uniform.

As this fifth anniversary has rolled by I've looked back at the things this dreadful but necessary war has changed. I wonder if the discord, political attacks on good people, malice, backstabbing, disavowing, embarrassment, backpeddling, infighting, and the DIVISION of the American people is what the terrorists intended to accomplish. Remember the old adage - Divide and Conquer. AND IT IS US THAT IS DOING IT TO OURSELVES!

Five years ago our Country united. Banded together, helped each other, wore our American Pride on our sleeves and in our hearts. Today there is such a difference. We spent a terrible few months a while back listening to our elected officials lying about what they voted for, against, didn't show up for, changed their minds on. We are doing it again now. As Americans, do we have no pride and backbone left? Maybe if the most powerful country in the WORLD could stay united and strong and supportive and TOGETHER, we must might have a chance. Pray to the Lord and Sing out your pride in our Troops, beliefs and causes. IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY - OR THE HIGHWAY!!

So this isn't what I was thinking of writing - It's just what fell out.

God Bless America!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a problem that you linked it.

I love watching them also and I've seen them so many times! It never gets old to me.

Sharen said...

Thank you for sharing the video! It does make my heart swell. I could see Deria but was Ty in there? Some day I may get to see them live too. They are great kids!