September 2, 2006

Home Again

We made it back home. I think the trip was harder on me than Ernesto would've been - even if he'd stayed a hurricane!! But we didn't even get hit as bad as at Carmens. And we didn't stay around for it!!

The campground aka RESORT people came and cleaned up our site - they blew all the leaves and "stuff" over to the other side - just the right spot for the kids to have something to do for 3 mornings - Drag it all back little by little!! Afternoons were so hot and buggy that we stayed inside the RV dressed in as little as possible. And I did as little as possible the entire time. I was so sick!!

I'm still not doing as well as I'd like but I was REALLY sick - And the heat just tore me up!!! So I did silly things like take these pics - that area really bad!!! And sit with my feet on baggies of ice cubes. And put wet wash cloths in the freezer to sleep with. Really bad stuff!!! And in case you really can't see what's in the "tree pic" there are 3 squirrels hanging upside down on it. The kids really liked watching them. We took lots of things for them to play with and do - as well as the little table so they wouldn't have to eat inside. This pic is at noon - look how hot and sweatty already!! After lunch they took showers and had naps ~ ~ And then did whatever they could talk (aka irritate) one of us into until bedtime. But it really wasn't bad at all - the kids finally learned that SOMEONE is ALWAYS watching - even when "eyes are not open" or directly on them. hehe

Tonight is the Southern Gospel Concert by His Song at Church but I can't go because 1) I'm still pretty sick and don't want to "share" and 2) I don't have a babysitter anymore so 3) the kids have to learn to resemble children ~instead of bossy adults~ before I'll take them anywhere like that. I don't enjoy myself and no one around us can possibly enjoy the music with these kids anywhere near. So I hope to hear about it tomorrow. I'm sure it was great. I do so enjoy the music!!

Anyhow, we are home. No damage. My cold will eventually get better. The kids are learning. All is well. Thank you Lord for your saving grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that it was so miserable there and nothing really even happened. One of the main reasons that people end up thinking they can weather the storms. They get tired of leaving for nothing. Glad it was uneventful though and you all made it back safely.