September 29, 2006

The Rest of the Long, Long Story

I'm so worn out - I haven't had the slightest urge to complete the SAGA of our trip out here but now - here it goes:

S'te and Jaleel picked us and our 4 children up at the airport. We had none of our 5 ~yea, count 'em -5~ suitcases OR our carseat. Our luggage didn't make the connection with us! We called Rod and he brought Makkiah and Taniyah to Keith's favorite restaurant and we had a very, very late breakfast!!! The kids ate like they had never had food put before them in thier lives!!

We then trekked to thier home and S'te went thru her bins of kids' clothes and picked out what we needed for bed and church. Then we ALL just CRASHED!! By 10 pm it was lights out!! Of course, I was out in my favorite chair~~ so I heard the delivery people when they banged on the door at 11:11. It's so strange to know that - but with the digital clocks - I don't have to say - "a little after 11". I know for a fact what time it was.

I hauled the 5 suitcases and the carseat into the living room and went to bed. About 4 I'd layed there about as long as I could so I decided to unpack. At least I was doing something constructive - and the suitcases did take a large chunk out of the room. I unzipped a bag - boys clothes, I put them away. Another bag, my clothes, ditto. Another bag, stuff for S'te that I brought back to her. Another bag, Papa's stuff. Where's my girls' clothes? Unzipped the last bag and ~ boys' clothes with a few girls' things mixed in. WHAT DID I DO???? The closest I can figure is that either I left the girls' stuff on the table ~I really know better than that, I put the flower arrangement back on it before we left ~ or I put the clothes in their dressers that I meant to put in thier suitcase and put the clothes in the suitcase that I meant to put in the dresser!!! TOLD YOU I WAS TIRED!!!

Anyhow, we are Blessed in that S'te has clothes for every size in both genders~~ AND my girls wear the same size that TeeTe does. So they are sharing!!

We've been here about a week. LaDaria babysat for us last evening so I got the opportunity to go see some of my "pals" down at C1 and we had a good time catching upon everyones lives since I last saw them. It was a nice break and I really, really enjoyed seeing my good friends. Saturday is Little Deb's big 5.0. and they are doing a limo trip for her. What good friends!! I wish I'd been here for mine :~) I'm hoping that I might catch up with them sometime during the trip and enjoy some of it with them. Happy B'day, Deb......

The kids are having a blast. Kiah is teaching Pelik to play the v-smile, the girls are learning to share - all 3 of them - most of the disagreements are over the plastic purple shoes. We have enough "babies, rattled, carriers, slides, cars, trikes, etc, but we only have 1 pair of purple plastic shoes! ! ! ! We actually have access to a single pink plastic shoe so this morning the girls' compromised. They each had a single shoe. Everyone was happy. All could clomp down the hall to their heart's content. So that issue got solved!! Not quite how I'd a solved it - but it works for them hehe!!

And Baby B is crawling!! Not the marine scoot, not the up and flop, really crawling on all 4's. He will get much quicker but he's got it goin' on!!

Brother-in-Law Kenny is still very ill from his perforated colon. Still in intensive care but reports from Mom Beatty say he is slowly improving. He and Delores are blessed to have a very strong relationship with our Lord - and I'm sure He is seeing them thru this trying time. My prayers are with them constantly and Keith gets updates daily and more if he gets the urge and the reports are sounding better.

So we are on track. Next week the kids have short school days and S'te has conferences before thier next break. Rod left on manouvers yesterday but will return before we leave. We have plans to go to Rosarito Beach for a day. Still lots to look forward to. And it has been really nice being here!!

We will have to leave before I know it - but will post again when there is something to post.

God Bless You All

No comments: