September 12, 2006

Just another day in. . . . the Tropics

It's hot. Already it's hot. At 7:40 this morning the news said 88. Already!! Water temp coming off of Florence is 86 with it's 10 foot waves. So it won't cool off any - at least not today. And there is more to come!!

Late Saturday afternoon Papa's boss called and asked him to make arrangements to attend another meeting. This one will be great!! It is in San Diego and we can all go!! Plane tickets have been purchased, travel orders have been requested (again), I'm showing the kids the kid's pictures so they know who they are. I'm jazzed. We will be there for Papa's 65th birthday, Felix's 4th birthday and Rod's first sermon. And I didn't know that until I asked S'te and Rod if they wanted some company for a couple of weeks!!!!

I'm still not getting ANYWHERE with the potty training. Every time I change a "caca" diaper (and with 3 in diapers that's really quite often) I tell Mary that she is supposed to caca in the potty. Of course, she is the caca police - everytime she hears a diaper rattle she is johnny-on-the-spot to make sure everything has been inspected and done in the proper order. Her answer is always the same - OOOOHHHHH. Like she's never heard that concept before. She can really be rather funny at times.

Kids are settling in well and have stopped attacking the table like they haven't eaten in weeks every time Papa or I go near it. Baby B is almost crawling - so he should be a real treat on the plane. I've never seen a happier baby. He just entertains himself and puts his head down and sleeps whenever he is ready. The only thing I HAVE to do is feed and care for him - but he is such a joy - I entertain myself entertaining him.

We finally got the back patio poured and cured. Papa cleaned the gutters and he got someone to lay sod. It looks a bunch better and won't be so water consuming either. I was going to try to take the kids to the "Fountains" but it has been to hot to even go outside. I don't seem to get out much with our schedule. Wake, breakfast, dress, check e-mail, do blog, snack, laundry, dishes, play a little, lunch, Days, naps, snack, Curves, play outside, dinner, story and play, bathe, bed. In between that we change about 12 diapers, do bottles, clean house, do doctor appts., and whatever else there is to do. I thought about taking them instead of naps. . . . then revisited that thought. We haven't made it yet!! Actually, since school started, I don't know if it is even open during the day so it might just be a moot discussion with myself.

Maybe I'll get to it eventually. I have to get ready for our trip - Yippee - Horray, and I'll get to see for myself that Kiah is up and better-than-new!!

Like I said . . . nothing much new in our lives. But I'd LOVE to hear about yours.

1 comment:

Sharen said...

Hope you have a great flight. Please wish Keith Happy 65th for me! Go with God! Love ya!