January 11, 2007

Room is done!

It's done!! We now have another
carport and a tiny back patio, and a new 8 X12 or so screen addition. It really makes it look huge. Today wasn't as sunny and warm as it has been so I didn't stay outside for very long. It "only" got up to 76. Below normal for this time of year!!

Did a sleep study again last night. It sure feels strange to have someone wire up your head, chin, arms, and legs, wrap belts around you, plug you in, and say "good night". By the time all that got done - I needed to potty. Oh well, no one ever did say I was classy or anything!! Got there at 8:30 last night and was home at 7:10 this morning - all showered and ready for the day!! I actually slept about 6 hours. 4 straight, 2 awake, and about 2 more before revelee. Of course, no news on it for awhile. I don't go back for 6 weeks. Next is the PRESS. That is tomorrow - and I'm done with my annual medical for everything but this idiot right hand, arm, shoulder, neck or whatever whoever decides it is. The neurosurgeon says it's shoulder, the orthopedist says "shoulder is fine" its neuro, the chiro (that I have to pay cash) says it's neuro (but who is he?)the insurance says nothing and here I sit. I threw my fork across the table last night when my hand spasmed and I lost control of it. The kids looked at me like I'd gone mad. All I could do is laugh. I'm fine. Everyone agrees that there is a BIG problem - but no one will "diagnose". I still have a knot the size of a I don't know what in the pad below my thumb that makes it impossible to do anything with any accuracy. But the Dr says, it was that way for a long time before the surgery, there isn't anything more I can do medically for it, so I'm releasing you. It will just take time for the swelling, zapping, spasms, and electrical impulses in my fingers to go away. I know, I'm whining!!

I went and bought "Cruise Vacations for Dummies" so maybe I will have a clue when we go on our Vacation. 4 whole days, no kids. Now all I have to do is find time to read it!! Only 3 more weeks!! And I'm not doing anything strenuous so I don't have to get fit for it. I plan to lay around and eat bon bons for the entire time!!! If I can find a double lounger to lay around on!!

Now for the really, really big news!! For those of you who don't read the Money Pit, I am going to be Grandma again. And again, it looks like I will already be there for the arrival!! What timing my dear daughter has. We were asking if we could visit at a certain time - and she dropped the news. It took forever for her to post it - so I could blab it. I had to try to wait - and she did make me wait!! So Congrats are in order - and add both Mom and Baby to your prayers. So it looks like we will be spending most of our summer on the west coast again. Thank you Lord!!

Well, off to try to read a chapter and get buffed so I can press!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! It looks so nice.

I'm sure that you will have a blast on the cruise. We can't wait to see you!!