January 23, 2007

Sleep Study

Here was my room and bed last night. And for a night last week too!

A long time ago the Doctor wanted me to do a sleep study. She kept after me for about a year. So last year I went and had one done. They decided I had "restless leg syndrome" and she gave me meds for that.

Well, I still don't sleep well, so again this year she got me to do another one. I went last week and they decided that I needed to come back again and try sleeping with a mask. So I did. I didn't take the camera last week for the "wired" picture - I was going to - but forgot.

So last night I went to the "Center" and got all "wired" again. Wonderful pictures, Huh!!! Well, after I was all wired and safely tucked into bed, the tech came in with a couple of different types of masks. One would've made me cross-eyed as well as really.really.really scary for the kids to see, and the other was horrible, but not quite so bad. So I picked that one to try.

I woke up a couple of times, scared myself, and drifted back off. The tech said I slept quite a bit more last night than I did a week ago - so I will have a consult with the Doctor sometime this week and GET.MY.OWN.MASK to wear while asleep. Boy, if that doesn't completely tell me I'm getting old - I can't even sleep right!

Got home and we called Elizabeth Rose to sing Happy Birthday to her. Can't hardly believe it's been 8 years since I listened to April's tired voice telling Keith that he was Grandpa!! And - as unexcitable that he is - he booked an immediate flight to see her. He had to be back in SD right away for meetings - but he visited his baby girl, and her baby girl as fast as he could. Before she was born I tried to explain the surge of love that comes the first time you hold a grandchild. The THING that both squeezed and raises your heart in a flash. The total and complete I.COULDN'T.EXPLAIN.THEN AND I.CAN'T.EXPLAIN.NOW. feeling that you get when you hold your baby's baby. And I know that it never goes away and I know it comes EVERY.TIME. No less for the 7th than for the first. The pride that makes you cry just watching them perform, the tears for the first time they recognise you. And it isn't only the babies. The same feelings are there all the way thru. The pride, the worry, the exasperation, and the JOY. I love my hugs from the 16 year old (shhh - don't tell him, he'll stop) as well as the hugs from the 2 year old.

Anyhow, we've all grown. And I'm feeling old and sentimental today. And Papa is taking us all out to dinner. . . . Hope you enjoyed my beautiful pictures!!

1 comment:

Sharen said...

That is quite a get up! How did you scare yourself? Did they have mirrors? That would be somewhat rude!

When do we get to see the MASK?

I'm getting excited about our trip too... can you tell by my blog.