April 15, 2007

Just an Word or Two

It was warm here yesterday!! Warm enough that we took the boys and went to the pool at the Rec Center. The oldest really enjoyed himself and I managed to keep enough sunscreen on him that he doesn't show any signs of being out swimming in the sun - except for a little more color in his face than he had before. One of the problems with living here is that it gets to hot to go outside at all - so we look like Pillsbury doughboys all summer long!!! The little one didn't like the water AT ALL!!! he screamed so long and so loud that you'd have thought someone was drowning him in hot oil instead of sitting in the 0' part of the pool that had water over his ankles only!!! I finally (after about 10 minutes) took him over to the umbrella, sat him on a mat, gave him a toy and called it good. Of course, I got burned. I sat in the sun so he could have the shade. He finally laid down and took a nap. We spent the day there - it was 91 when we left at 3:30.

Today it is raining (thank you God!) and the wind is blowing. Kinda gloomy - but we can't have sunshine and water at the same time - so right now - I'll take the water.

The small amount of time I've spent helping a friend understand and use her email has richly paid off. I've (we've) just finished a wonderful loaf of homemade whole wheat bread. In the past weeks we've had home baked cookies, bread, candies, all sorts of STUFF. It has been great but I'm not losing any inches!! We loaned another Villager some baby equipment - for use by a Grandchild that is visiting - and got a box of really good German candies. Another diet hazard :) and my love of any kind of bread is almost overcome by my sweet tooth.. . . Aren't I blessed!! My volunteer duties to the Village have been terminated so I have lots of time to devote to my "suppliers" :)

116 days until the "mini" family cruise, something like 90 days until the new grandbaby, about 60 until our visit to Oregon, 7 until our trip to Virginia. Lots coming up. . but other than eating - not much happening.

Hope more is happening in your world. . . . . .

1 comment:

Sharen said...

Sounds like a busy couple of days!

That reward with food idea is universal! What a challenge to find non-food gift ideas!

I'm having yogurt and water for dessert...