April 24, 2007

Lexington Park, MD

When Keith asked me if I wanted to go to Baltimore with him - I jumped at the chance. I had visions of looking up old "times and places" and pretty much re-visiting my own history - on my own - while he was in the meetings that brought us here to begin with. Imagine my suprise when I found out that we are actually in Lexington Park, right down the street from California, MD and not to terribly far from Myrtle Point, MD. If I can find those signs again - I am going to take pictures of them. I don't think I will make it on my historical sabbatical as we are about 3 hours south of the Baltimore Washington International Airport (it was Friendship International last time I was there hehe). We drove down thru several small towns, I saw some beautiful homes, and even tho' Keith let me steer - he did most of the driving.... too fast, slow down, wrong lane, light is red, car is stopping, turn here . . He just loves to be in control!!!

I didn't find out until after we landed and were in the car where ~ when I asked for a map and was told he knows where we are going~ did I realize that I would be visiting to far from anything to see anything. If you look at the northern shore of the Patuxant River (near the state line off of the Chesapeake Bay,) clear at the end point, you will see a little dot called Soloman's. This is where I will be entertaining myself while the meetings are on. The meetings are at the Patuxtant Naval something or another. . Keith used to do a lot of partying here (at Soloman's)~back in the day~ we drove by all his old "favorites" (didn't stop anywhere) found the motel we are booked at and he is napping as I write this.

I'm sure I will find something to entertain myself with - I did bring two books - so I can read and watch TV if nothing else....

So much for the best laid plans . . . and the daydreams:( And I still have Williamburg to look forward to - I hope - :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you get to go out and do some sight seeing. I know that you were really forward to it. You'll be here soon!