April 27, 2007

Solomans, MD


We had a pretty good 2 days at Solomans in Maryland. Keith had to attend meetings - so the first day I dropped him off and went out on my own. I hit every little shop in the historical fishing village while he worked. I also went out looking for the power cord for my laptop - as I forgot to bring mine from home :(. This quest took me to the next town - 40 miles away and I found several other shops and an Amish market to browse thru. Complete with the corral for the horses and the buggies pulled up behind each bazaar table. There were absolutely beautiful quilts, hand crocheted afgans, blankets, bonnets - everything you could imagine - but absolutely nothing that I couldn't live without!! It was definately worth the trip out there to see what wonderful work they do.
After my trip out there and checking into the Inn in Soloman, Keith and work crew showed up to take me to a retirement party that just happened to be happening. It was held on the base at PAX and had the river and bay as a backdrop. We had a very nice time. The Retiree (Malik) was suprised and very happy to have his book filled with people that he had worked with from all over the country!!
From there we went to the famous Tiki Bar and enjoyed friendship and halarity for a bit longer before we called it a night.
The next day was a bit cooler and rained off and on so I didn't get to do much more sightseeing - but did make it down to the harbor between squalls to watch the boats (beautiful boats too) come up the river from fishing out on the bay. The picture above is a bird's eye view of Solomans from the top of the bridge over the Patuxant River.
We saw friends and Keith's coworkers from all over for the two days before they all headed back to thier respective homes and we headed out to Williamsburg. We continue to enjoy ourselves on thru the trip. We can't hardly wait to see what Williamsburg will bring. The weather hasn't been really nice but is supposed to be nicer for the weekend. We will see....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you got out to do some sightseeing. I was hoping that you wouldn't be stuck in the hotel the entire time. Can't wait to see pics and hear more about your journey.