September 8, 2007

Babies and Fence

We have new additions to an old nest. Out in to toolshed!! I thought baby bird season was over - boy was I wrong!! We have this nest (that seems awfully full) and one on each side of the house!! We were talking about replacing (or installing) some new soffits around the house - but we didn't get that done in time :( Now we have to wait for the new families to flee the nests before we can do that project. . . .

Meanwhile out back. . Keith is busy working on the fence that came down with the duck (chicken) wire. This (as usual) turned into more of a mission than just putting up a fence. They had all sorts of setbacks in just getting the posts set tightly on top of the concrete wall. It was a challenging task. . . but they gotter done!! The hardest part of the fence is up now - they are actually working on the bottom part now. . .

Oh, and Clint stopped by with another gift from a wonderful friend. . . a dozen jars of home grown, home canned green beans from his dear wife. . . how she finds the time and energy . . I'll never, ever figure out. She makes me tired just watching her .. . and when I try to help . . . I just get in her way. . I'll figure something out. . .

No comments: