September 23, 2007

Weekend

So far this week: we (mostly Keith) put another coat of stain on the fence. It needs some more on the east end - but I think it's done for now. . The white bucket next to the Rhody is oyster shells from the BBQ. As soon as I have time - I'm going to crush them and put them around the flowers ~ or trees ~ or somewhere. They are really good fertilizer.




Then we picked up the boards we have been walking on and put down some pavers. Not the most professional job - but we aren't sure yet just what we will be doing with this space - wanted something decent to walk on but also wanted something portable ~ so this is it!!




I did this little project out of first day of school photos and some that I had left over from the cruise. This actually shows most of the family. Some of Keith's sisters and my siblings are missing - but the kids, grandkids, and Keith's Mom are all hanging on the wall now!!


THEN, this morning I forgot my camera when we went to the Myrtle Point Harvest Festival. It has sure grown since the little 3 block (if that much) clutch of booths it started with. We witnessed the Rooster Crowing Contest, walked thru the entire legnth of Main Street looking at the most awesome Antique Cars, watched a member of their Volunteer Fire Dept carve animals out of chunks of cedar (we bought raffle tickets for one of them but must not have won it LOL) and that was really an awesome show. It is totally a work of art - these animals are. . . We visited the skate park and watched some really talented kids (and some not-so-kids) compete for prizes there. I was amazed at how much talent some of them showed. And one little guy was already doing the big curve and I sure wish I had my camera!!! We saw restored military jeeps and tractors. . All kinds of really great crafts and so much more. . . . I actually only saw (and talked) to a few people that I knew and recognised a few that didn't remember me ~ so I left that alone. . . I saw Alfred, Ike (Few-Fingers), and Grandpa Ray. I talked with a few others that remember Mom and Dad - I haven't spent much time in Myrtle Point since Mom died. . It's just to hard. We also went into the Loggers Museum there and spent some time talking with the volunteers there. I have been there several times but they keep adding things and it just keeps getting better! We stayed until just after 1 and left when it clouded up. When we got home - the sun was shining - a beautiful afternoon!! And we ate a whole "organic blackberry pie" that Keith bought at the Festival while watching Rainman.


Tomorrow will be Church and our friends will be back from Spokane with stories to tell. So It's been full and it's been fun and it's been interesting. :)


3 comments:

Marsha said...

I love the pictures! Hey where are we? lol. Miss talking to you amah!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and Poppa have been busy. Love your photo project and suprised that you found a frame to fit them all!!

Anonymous said...

Exactly what is a Rooster Crowing Contest? Being a city boy I do not know about such things! Is it the loudest crow? or the longest crow? or the one that is on key? Do they do it in Harmony? the least irritating? the most irritating? the one that sounds the most like "cock-a-doodle-do? (I always thought that was chicken talk for "shut the hell up":)