September 8, 2007

Does it get any better? ? ?

Today Alice Faye is leaving to go back to her home. . She stayed with us last night and today we relaxed out in our yard. . nice weather, little wind, wonderful. . Friend Lucy also came by with her little grandson. .
Isn't he the cuttest little guy!!! He loved the baby birds (actually more interestedin the black and white mound on the floor under the nest) and generally explored the yard while we had a great visit.


Took Alice off to the airport and she called from Portland, she is thru 1/3 of her travel home!!

Here is the best invention ever!!! I never knew one even existed!! An apple peeler, corer, and slicer!!!! I had about 1/2 of a bucket of apples left over after doing the 2 Apple Betty's - so I tried my hand a the first actual fresh apple pie I've tried to make in about 30 years. . and if my memory serves me correctly. . . it was totally inedible!!! LOL But this one turned out really good - maybe following the recipe all the way works- ya think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy!