July 11, 2008

My House is So Empty!

Today is the first whole day since they've been gone! sniff, sniff It really seems empty with just me and the babies here. S'te, the kids, and Keith took off yesterday afternoon about 4 and arrived in Spring Valley about 11 this morning. They made really good time! Both ways!! Coming up they were about 20 hours on the road but going back they gained an hour!!

While they were here we had lots of fun and they saw many places and did many, many things. The kids were amazed at how different it is here ~ all the way from homecanned veggies, jams and jellies, freezer wrapped meat, and seperating garbage between burnables, compost, and actual throw-away stuff!! They hiked trails, went to Shore Acres Gardens, Gold and Silver Falls, the Myrtle Point Skate Park, a big family gathering, and met lots and lots of people! They tried many new activities, all the way from sheep sheering to clam digging in the mud flats, including a memorable great fun float from Siltcoos Lake to the Pacific shore! This fun activity was orchastrated by my sister Sharen who came over with her husband, brought their camp trailer and spent several days with us over the 4th weekend! S'te took some beautiful pictures of thier many new memories! I am amazed at how much they have all grown and what beautiful children they are. We spent 3 weeks (minus 2 days) with 14 people here in this little house - and for the most part it all went really, really great. I'd do it again in a heartbeat :-)
The only drawback to the entire visit was that Rod (S'te's husband) is still overseas serving our country and couldn't join us... but for sure he will be on the next trip north! He kept in contact via email and the phone - but we sure missed him. All of the kids brought thier "Daddys" so he was close in our hearts!
I will watch S'te's Money Pit to see the links to her great photos! She is a wonderful photographer, designer, and most of all the most patient and wonderful mother any child could have ~ and I'm lucky to have such a wonderful child to be proud of! God had given me a real blessing.
I will post more on some of the special activities as I have time. BTW - the photos here were all taken by that special daughter of mine - I couldn't even begin to do such an artistic thing - -

1 comment:

Sharen said...

S'te does take some great photos! I really enjoyed the time we spent at Campo Beatty! I look forward to doing it again some day!