May 17, 2009

Not much.....

going on here. Tim and I are tearing down a wall and getting the kitchen ready for my 'new' (to me) cabinets.
I was browsing through Craig's List to see what kind of good deals were being offered. I happened on a fellow selling the cabinets that he had hoped to put into his house. I got a new sink, fixtures, the stain (they are unfinished), delivery, and install all thrown in!! Not a bad price either. What a great deal for me!! I love to browse Craig's List - it is way better than the 'shoppers' and you can go to any state, any neighborhood, and specify just what you are looking for - or just look at all of it!!!
So we had to hurry the process along a bit more than originally planned. LOL At least I'm pretty sure it was more than Tim had planned..... He crawled up into the attic to see just what was going on up there..... and I started taking off the top layer - paneling ... then we went to the second layer - 4or 5 layers of wallpaper, then to the third layer - plywood, then to the 4th layer - lap siding on both sides of the 2x4's, and finally, the frame which was attached pretty much to nothing! It was anchored into the floor really well and the plywood was wedged into a groove in the ceiling. Amazing! There was definately a lot of wood that went into the trailer!!

So today I need to clean out the 3 cabinets that I now have in the kitchen, stack everything in the back room, and slide these out the door - probably to the deck for the time being, and wait for 'my' new oak cabinets!!! Yay!!!

Keith is still at S'te's - and I miss him. It's only been a week since I left and he won't be home for another month.... I will be so glad to see him again!!!

2 comments:

S'te said...

The two of you are staying busy that's for sure! It looks much more open in there than it did!

Sharen said...

Caleb's house is looking about like that. I'm not envious! But then I think back to "the shack" and I realize why such projects make me shudder!

I'll enjoy seeing the finished product in July! :-)

Love, Sis