May 5, 2009

San Diego

Thanks to all of the help from friends and neighbors - we got all packed up, closed up, and on our way West!

We arrived her at S'te and Rod's home yesterday afternoon. We had a very nice and pretty uneventful travel day. There was quite a bit of turbulence - not unusual for cross country this time of year - but I've definitely been in worse! We waited a little over an hour for our rental car to get ready - but then Keith got a credit for the long wait - so that worked out well!

I was really glad to see the kids. As always they have grown by leaps and bounds. They just keep on growing and maturing!! I can't seem to do anything to stop it! Brayana is now taller than I and Destini is a real, real close second!! I haven't seen Ty yet and Rod is off to his training in Virginia - I won't be here to see him when he returns - but I will see him next month when they stop to get his car!

I plan to be here thru this week and head North on Sunday. Sharen said it is hot over in the desert - so I doubt that I will get over by way to see Dad on my way!

So I look forward to spending the next few days here - helping S'te get ready to move North and enjoying being with my dear family!

No comments: