September 27, 2009

Just a Vent

I'm venting today. Something I usually have to do with myself - or make Keith listen to me. And poor guy, he seems to think that I think that he should have solutions to everything... so ... if you are of a mind to, read on......

I just listened to 'Breaking News' on MSNBC and it seems that now the police are being questioned in their responsibility for a 24 (or so) year old woman who was detained, taken to the police station, and released. Evidently, her family and their lawyer thinks the police department should have shouldered the responsibility to made sure she had arrangements to get home, or made arrangements for her. They say that they had no right to keep her and she wanted to leave. Who wouldn't? So here we are again with the government responsible for private aspects of a persons life. I wonder out the side of my head, just how many figures will this cost an already budget strapped department? When will we, as adult Americans, take back the responsibility for ourselves? "We" don't want "Big Brother", but insist, via mega lawsuits and an overzealous media, on the same Big Brother being responsible for every aspect of our lives.

We buy a house we can't afford... Get the "Government (aka taxpayers) to subsidize us so we don't have to move to something we can afford.

We lose our job... We spent way more than we earned, have mega credit card debt, live in a house we knew we couldn't afford, and have saved nothing. Ask the Government (aka taxpayers) to extend unemployment benefits because we are broke.

Not only do we employ undocumented workers, we miss the point in that, they are sending everything they can out of the US! Every dollar they send to where-ever-they-sent-it-to is a dollar that will never again be spent in the US. It is not income or sales taxable. Wonder where our money is going? Look at the nearest globe!

And not only are the undocumented workers sending the USD out of our beloved US, every time we buy something that is not 'MADE IN THE USA' we are sending those very same USD's out of the Country. I am just as guilty of buying something because I want it now and don't have time to research an item to find one 'MADE IN USA'. Those same USD's that have rebuilt Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc are what are not being spent in the USA. Where does all of our money go?

Every time illegal drugs are purchased, the foreign drug cartels are getting richer and the citizens of the USA are getting poorer. Not just from the effects of the drugs... but from the dollars being sent out of the US.

What happened to the day when we, as Americans, respected ourselves and our neighbors? We morally did not overcharge, gouge, steal from, or pillage our fellow citizens. We did not take what we were not entitled to, ie worked for what we got. And those who did were castigated, ostracized, or just basically 'frowned upon'. I know it sounds really silly, but, our decay as a country, a society, has decayed since our basic morals have gone downhill to the me, me, me stage of development (I think that is somewhere around 3 or 4 years old).

I am not talking about all of us. There are many, many people who are great, wonderful, upstanding people. There are many, many people who legitimately need and deserve assistance. There is a whole generation of children who's parents have given them over to daycare and the schools to raise them... and then blame the 'government' (school system) for not raising them correctly. Those are the same standing there with their arms (not just hands) filing lawsuits that do nothing for the continued good of the many.

ok,,,, I'm done for now. Just wait until the next segment of MSNBC comes on!! I'm switching to HGTV.... I don't get near so upset.... LOL

No comments: