February 2, 2007

Dinner


S'te says "I must be hungry"!!! /And now that she is eating for 2!!


I'm soooo FULLLLLL. We had our usual "family dinner" at Carnitas Uruopan in Lemon Grove. We try to do this at least once during each trip out. Janet, Liz and Earl, and the whole Elmore Clan - other than Ty and Ladaria were there. We had a blast. Liz looks really really good for having started her Chemo yesterday!!! I was so glad that they could all come out and I could show them the place where we "pig out" when we have a family dinner!! And they are always so friendly - and kid friendly too!!

The kids behaved like little troopers and the food was so good that they all ate so well that they went right to sleep when we got home!!! Now I get to pack. It's that time again!! I have my laundry done, S'te and Keith are sleeping and I'm doing this little update with my CRACKED MONITOR.

I opened my laptop this morning and I have a broken monitor. I'm having to assume that one of the kids decided to use it as a jumping board. They aren't heavy enough to hurt it unless they were jumping. I guess we'll get it fixed when we get back to Florida.

I was saddened to read about the terrible storm that went thru the Central area last night. So much sadness. I wonder that some of this "warming" is because we are changing the topography and the "natural order" of things ourselves. You know, building dams so we can irrigate desert, trucking sand from one beach to build up another, draining swampland to fill it in. We are changing all of this stuff ourselves and then go to blame it on "fossil fuel". Not that it probably isn't a contributing factor - just not the only one!!!

Another horrible event - a small boy in foster care was harmed by his caregiver. She told the workers she was overwhelmed and . . . a child has paid the price. Of course, this didn't get near the press that the storm did. Still nothing has happened regarding the death of Angie.

Earth, wind, and fire. The morality of the earth is diminishing rapidly, the complacency is astounding.

The girls decided on a foray into Destini's room and got into her makeup. You can't really see it but they have some serious warpaint on!! We've had a good visit. I haven't seen much of Ty or Ladaria as they are busy teens but I've had a good time bonding with TeTee and the others - when they get home from school. S'te and I went shopping yesterday for coffee cups - but forgot them - got all sorts of other stuff - but forgot the cups. Way to go!!. . . And we got some baby steps goin' on too!! He's doing pretty well with the max being about 1/2 way across the room!!

I'm getting excited about the cruise. I signed up for 2 excursions today. One in each port. So that is moving right along. Life for me is good. I've been greatly blessed. And I hope you have been also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sure don't tell them that Rod and I SPLIT that plate and we still brought leftovers back!!