December 17, 2005

'tis the week before the week before Christmas!

It's been a really busy week. Finally got my Christmas (yearly) newsletter printed and Keith signed all the Christmas cards. I'm not sure but I don't think he wrote in each one like I usually do. I've just not had as much time as I did last year! We've been to 2 Christmas parties for the kids. It's a good thing we have them - or we wouldn't have had a party to go to. Tom and Nancy decided not to have a party this year, the Clubhouse isn't put back together from the hurricanes yet - so no Party here at the Village, Keith nor I have an employer - so no work Parties. It's just a good for us to have the kids. The American Legion Post #39 here in Vero put on a party that was totally amazing. Santa arrived on the Fire Engine - with bells and whistles all going! Then Santa gave out the most amazing gifts! The kids got piano, globe, ride 'em toys, stockings, cookies, hot dogs, sodas, pizza, and many, many Christmas songs. The funnest one for me to watch was the "hokey pokey" (and I know that isn't Christmas) but my kids had a wonderful time Hokey-pokey-ing around the dance floor. It was precious.

Nick seems to think that he is going to use the potty - whenever he wants - the only problem is that it isn't all the time! He'll be potty trained before Sierra even gets over her "accidents". As soon as he is a little more on the potty instead of the diaper - or after the holidays are over (whichever comes first) - I MIGHT try scivvies on him. I'm still a little leery of the idea - but I might!

Our friends here at the Village have gone back up North to spend Christmas and New Year with thier families. Sure wish we could spend it with ours .. .whaaaa. But April, Elizabeth, and Brennan will be here on Monday for a few days - I'm so looking forward to them being here. I think the kids will have a blast - there is enough for them to do this time. The last time they were here - there wasn't much as far as activities - but there is much more this time. And we know our way around a little more.

Enough for now. If I don't get back before, I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A VERY, VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. Not Xmas - CHRISTmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are having fun. Hope that the visit with April and the kids goes well. And you have a Very Merry Christmas as well.