October 6, 2006

Our 1st War Casualty


The first casualty for our family happened on Tuesday. S'te's cousin (my ex's brother's son), Dean Bright, was killed in action on Tuesday morning in Iraq. I feel the grief as well - even tho' he isn't "actually" a relation of mine any longer. Having family in the military - loss is always right around the corner - and I feel very blessed that this is the closest that it has come to me. I worry for the day that it may come closer.

I often thank the Men and Women in Uniform often for the Blessings that they are fighting for. I am definately Proud to be an American and the sight of our Flag and our Military always brings tears. It is a cold, cruel world that makes it so men and women have to die fighting for freedom. And we are so blessed to have the freedoms. A lot of laws but freedoms none the less.

As a parent that that has faced the loss of a child - my heart truly goes out to Bob and Norma on the terrible loss of Dean as well as to the rest of the family that is surely grieving. Click here to read more of Dean's story .

To all of the Bright family (both past and present) my heartfelt condolences are offered. We must all pray that this war will be over and that lend our hand, compassion and empathy to other families that have faced and will face their losses.

No comments: