October 29, 2006

Intro-spection

What do you do when a dear friend lets you know that she is very, very ill? I started thinking of the last time we "got together". It was way to long ago. The last time we spoke on the phone and the last emails that were not forwards. I missed the signs and signals that she wasn't feeling well - I haven't been as good a friend that I would have liked to have been. In fact, I haven't been a friend at all. I've been so caught up on the every day work of raising (temp of course) the 4 little ones that the Lord has entrusted into our care that I haven't talked or written to her in months. But this friend made it a point to get to Vegas when Keith and I married. Gave me a beautiful gift and card. Has been available any time that I did want or need to talk. And she - didn't feel that I was that available. And that hurts. Oh, it's not her fault. I tend to stay busy. And I tend to "sound" busier than I really am. Well, here is to Liz. May the Lord see fit to cure her illness and be kind about it. Add her to your prayers for me. She can certainly use them.

And to Liz, I am here. And I'm not to busy. And I don't care about the time difference. And I want very much to be here for you. I am sorry that I can't be there for you - to much distance seperates us. You are in my thoughts, heart, and prayers. Get well soon - I'm pulling for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying that the Lord heals Liz and brings her through this.

Marsha said...

I will be praying for Liz as well. God is our healer and he will bring her through this.