October 6, 2006

Papa Smurf

We had the blessing of our trip!!! We went to Rosarito Beach for 2 nights, all alone!!!! We stopped in TJ for our usual dental visit - Dr. Ruth as a real card. She is such a sweet person. I can't imagine someone as nice as she is deciding to make digging in other people's mouth's her career. But it takes all kinds!! And I for one am so very, very grateful. We got to reminiscing about how many of people she is now seeing from our circle of friends. Many of our friends are now bringing others to see her also!! She was laughing as she said about 1/2 of her practice is from the States. Keith was having work done after Iwas finished so I went to have some lunch while he was in the chair. I met up with some ladies that were here from Kentucky - for an oral surgeons convention. They couldn't believe that people actually went south for dental work - and how much cheaper it is - and that we actually found a quality craftswoman such as Dr. Ruth!!!!

Anyhow, we rode a big, fancy bus down to the Beach. Just the 2 of us and the driver!! What a difference from going down on Friday or Saturday! We had a great time! Our first activity was the hot tub. I laid there until I cracked and popped and felt really good. I opened my eyes and looked at Keith. His beard was the prettiest color of aqua!!! I got to laughing so hard that I 'bout cried. My own big smurf!!! Turns out that the Hotel had some different tyupe of clorine and that is what did it. It shampoo'd right out and he was as good as new!! But I had to get a pic first.

We did some shopping, lots of eating, some walking and generally had a great time.

Got back over the Border in record time. Caught the bus in Rosarito at 11:45 and were in the States at 2:15. Met a woman from Pennsylvania and she is starting the processes for that state to foster/adopt. It was a very interesting conversation and made the time go very quickly.

We got home just in time for the Elmores to head for Home Group so we delightfully had TeeTe to entertain as well as our regular crew!!

No comments: