October 2, 2006

September's end

It's Monday - it was a long, long weekend for me. I'm sure it seemed even longer for S'te!!

Sat here (in my favorite recliner) on Friday and updated this. Did meals, snacks, diapers, you know - normal regular stuff. By time to start dinner, I was hurting. I felt like someone was taking a fork, sticking it in my chest and twisting. It did a come and go trick for an hour or so and in between times I would break out in a new sweat. S'te had home group and so I just had Tete and our kids to fix for. I reheated left-overs, fed kids, got them to bed - meanwhile these stupid pains didn't get any better - no worse either - and I figured I'd managed to aquire a bad case of heartburn. S'te and kids got home and everyone went to bed. The pains had kind of settled down and I was thinking of going to bed too - Papa was already in bed - and they started back up again!!

I looked up heart attack on the web and I had all but one of the symptoms. So I took an aspirin and waited a while. They didn't get any better and I was really getting kind of scared!!! About midnight I woke Keith up and made him take me to the ER. I really had a hard pain about the time we pulled into the parking lot. We got registered Keith went to park the car. They took me into triage and they took me right back to a cubbie. The nurse came in to hook me up to the "stuff" and I realized that I hadn't had another pain!! From really bad to nothing. But my chest still hurt from the stress of the pains that I did have.

They brought Papa in - he just laid down on the floor and went to sleep so after a bit the nurse told him they would be holding me for awhile so he decided to come home to get some rest - after all, someone has to be able to watch the kids - and S'te is already watching them so we can do Rosatito next week - REALLY didn't want to take advantage!!!

The Dr. came in and said that my BP was really high (for me anyhow) so they were going to admit me for observation. My BP stayed high for several hours even after that!! They gave me 2 nitro tabs and it settled down. . . Keith called at 8 am and that is what I told him. So I laid on the gurney in ER and watched tv for 12 hours before they did a stress test. It was fine. My second set of bloodwork was fine. Dr decided to get an ultrasound of my gall bladder - it was fine. I'm in great health!!!

Some guy came in about 3:30 and put a bracelet on me and said they had a room to put me in. I sent him to my nurse because I thought I was leaving "soon". In hospital talk - I guess I did. We left at 5 pm.

Breakdown was:
17 hours and who knows how much money to decide that I had heartburn. Got a prescription for probotics. The warning label says it may cause heartburn, headache, and general fatigue. Suppose they will help?

Meanwhile I missed friend Gamma Debbies birthday party!! I did call and ask Yanet to give her my heartiest happy birthday wishes - but I'd a much rather been there. S'te wound up babysitting for me to sit at ER instead of the Birthday Party - - A definate waste!!

It has taken me 2 days to recover from my lack of sleep but I'm FINE, I'm GREAT. I haven't had an episode since the parking lot. What a waste!!

Went to church, Wally's, and did a normal day yesterday. So I'm no worse for the wear, just a little smarter. No more ER heartburn for me.

I can just stay home and suffer. :):~):-) a whole bunch cheaper. . . .

So thanks for all who called to check up on me. . but got a baby crying . . . gotta go check. . . and I'm fine. . .

No comments: