November 2, 2006

Nothing New

Since there is absolutely nothing new going on here and I feel the need to "share" something (anything) with someone (anyone), I'm going to give you the links to a couple of sites that S'te has let me in on.

The first one is Freecycle. It has helped me tremendously. Things, things, things. They say that if you were deprived of THINGS as children, you become a packrat. I DON'T THINK SO. I think it is heredity. My Mom was a packrat and I can't make myself throw away anything that still has use. I can't or won't use it again - but "someday I will find someone that can". Well, now I can. I actually have gotten rid of quite a bit (not as much as S'te). DSS receivers that don't go with my cable, a desktop that I reformatted the HD to (but I gave them the windows 98 disks to redo it!), car seats, bikes. I can't think of it all but I know I've emptied closets out. Anyhow, I think this is a great idea and I get the local one e-mailed daily. Like it says - matches leftovers with the hungry!! But I still can't part with the sheets MY great-grandmother crocheted and embroidered on, the newspapers MY mother saved from when Kennedy was killed (complete and wrapped in plastic), doilys that MY grandmother and mother crocheted. No one else would have the connection - I can't put them out - the kids would ruin them -
That's why I just go ahead and give the stuff I make away - why add it to the pile???? S'te asked me once who was going to have to deal with all this stuff when I die - I was totally truthful and said she would. She will get to take the cedar chests full of "stuff" and put it in her house - to open occasionally, look at it and sigh, ahhhhh, close it, and think about it. What else would you do???

The other one is Craig's List. This one came to my attention when I wanted to rent the Condo but tired of paying just under 100 bucks for a 3 day ad. You can find almost ANYTHING out via this site. It has wonders that I've not researched yet. I still go lurking thru just to see what is what and where its at. . . It has US and other countrys and has jobs, personnals, roommates, news, it has just everything. Look it over - you will be absolutely amazed. It is better than a mls listing and much cheaper than the newspaper. And it is all right there!!! You don't have to go thru page after page after page of "stuff" you don't want (ads) to find the ads that you do want.

Now that I've shared my "tidbit" of the ~~~ I might feel a little more connected. NO ONE IS UPDATING AND I'M LONESOME!! Please, someone out there ~~ reach out!

Gotta go start breakfast - same ol' same ol'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm here, just been really busy lately. Seems that I go from one thing to the next with not much time inbetween! I really do need to sit down and update. When I'm at my computer it seems that I'm working on "stuff" for various ministries.