November 14, 2006

This was taken a few days (6) after the surgery. I was so totally unaware that I would bruise like this!! Of course, I don't bruise any more than I get really sick - so it was really a shocker for me.
I used a better, clearer, more graphic photo to try to elicit symapthy from my friends and family. It worked to a small part. I got an update from my StepMom that brought me up on what's going on at her work (nothing about her life tho') - It was months coming. And my Sister made a point of callling a couple of times - after I called and left a big depressed sob on her voice mail!! And then she had to call my daughter to get her to call me - but it WORKED. I got to talk to more family in those 3 days than I have since we got back to Florida. And Lord!!! I miss them.
I do a little more with my hand each day - I thought it was bad when I had the shoulder surgery and was laid up then - but my fingers worked. Now - even this - in desperation - is taking me over an hour to put together. I'm a totally one finger left handed typist right now . I felt something go "pop" when I opened the baby food jar - but other than really, really tight - it isn't bad. My feet work just fine, I can walk to anywhere I need to go - I just can't do anything when I get there!!!

Keith is doing all he can to keep up with the kids. He has fixed breakfast and dinner every day for a week now - he has let me start fixing the lunches (pbj's) the last 2 days so he can get his work done. He's had Dr. appointments both days and he has to be able to go out and about some. Dr. Husamy (who had done both my shoulder and wrist surgeries) saw his ankle today. He referred him on up to Orlando to a surgeon that Dr. Husamy has confidence in. He wouldn't do anything with it himself - but says that something can be done - so that is good news. The tests for Parkinson's have come back inconclusive - so they are trying him on a couple of different things - but I don't like the "possible" side effects on the list - so I'd much rather have a little of the "shakes" than ANY of those side-effects.

I've taken all day to type this and as I close - Papa is trying to get three kids who do not take direction hardly at all (anyone notice my "NEW" vocabulary) to eat a dinner that does NOT consist of nuggets and fries. Of course, we've been trying to do this for months now and with our "dinners" this last week - we've had quite a setback.

So thank all of you who have kept me entertained with the jokes, mpgs, jpgs, and I have really enjoyed the personal correspondence I've received from friends and family. Sorry I can't answer them all in person - there wouldn't be enough hours in a week for the way I'm typing now. Keep 'em coming. I'm loving it!!! Even if I did have to shame them into it:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARGH!! I left a comment and this new beta blogger threw it out!

Anonymous said...

OK I'm hanging my head in shame. Shame on me! I did update my blog for you though!

Hope that your wrist heals quickly so you can get back to normal routine.

Hope they can help Poppa's ankle also