November 20, 2006

Post Op Visit

Well, I've gotten thru the worst part of it. I'm now able to use my fingers - not my thumb yet - but most of my fingers work - for a bit anyway. Still can't open a baby food jar - no matter what I do to it - but I have help for that! LOL

Went to the Doctor and got my stitches out - and a script for antibiotics. There is a bit of red, puffy skin all the way into my palm. After typing a bit - it's still quite sore. . . .

Well we managed to get ourselves together along with our shoeboxes and Papa's favorite green bean casserole and got to Church - even early enough for coffee!!! Pat me on the back!! It helped that I only got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep - if my brain turns off / my arm (or hand) turns on, and getting it turned back off is sometimes very hard to do!!! SO we had a really great Thanksgiving potluck at Church. See, there I am over in the corner!! (and if you look hard, so is Pelik) Really made it nice 'cause we won't do anything special. I mean, c'mon, who would do all of that for 2?? The kids won't eat any of it - and if it's here - I won't quit eating until it's gone. So, we are days ahead of you - we're done with the big Turkey Day!!

Mary (shhhh, don't jinx) is officially potty trained. She hasn't even wet a night diaper for almost a week. She is doing sooooo well. And she did it herself. I.gave.up.on.her . Now for the 2 littlest!! I suppose we will have diapers for awhile after all.

Sharen is full speed ahead on her wedding which is scheduled to happen this Wednesday. She is comfortably unpacking in Klamath Falls and deciding what needs to stay and where and how she can show "her" new collections. Just thinking and picturing it in my mind makes me smile. I know her so well - I can even picture the experessions on her face. I'm so glad that she is happy. And my best wishes, lots of hope, and many prayers for her to stay that way. Life should be bursting with new things every day. Keeps things fresh. . . So if I don't post again before Wednesday, Congratulations and Keep that Grin on Your Face. (See, I already know it's there)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did the shoeboxes last year and used the clear shoebox size containers. I actually saw some of the ones I did in the Samaritans Purse magazine that I got. Or someone else had the exact same idea and put the same things in them

Anonymous said...

I see all four of them and you in the picture!