February 19, 2007

Catch Up

As I wait for Felix to return from his first day back at "school" from our vacation - I reflect. I hope he did well there this morning. . . .



I got next to nothing accomplished over the weekend - many things started (as is my usual) but - 1. it's tax time again (and Keith WILL NOT track things as they happen) so I printed out my calendar so he can find his receipts for all the business travel and medical travel and all the travel that we've done this whole year with kids. He chose to take care of this part of the tax situation at the beginning of the year - since I don't have a clue what his business expenses are - he has to do it. And since we made several trips for the dentist and doctors, my part was usually reimbursed - but his wasn't and since I don't drive anywhere but in the Village - he has to go with me. So, I got my part of the taxes (everything but travel) all done and I'm (not.so.patiently) waiting for him to complete his.



After our wonderful time in California, our nice week with only 2 children, and our estatic cruise (it was really wonderful - I'm not being scarcastic either) - being home in full swing for less than a week has been harrowing. Pelik has regressed 6 years in 2 weeks (and he is only 4). Mary has forgotten that she has any voice but a high-pitched whine - and it's to cold (for here) for them to play outside - and it rained all last week - we are waiting for a call to schedule the actual assessment that I thought we went to last week (turns out that was ANOTHER screening) - and I have a headache that will not go away!!



Mary had a wonderful birthday - with 2 family parties - so they've been on a sugar rush from Wednesday to Saturday. The Lord blesses me by no one wanting to send the leftover cakes, cookies, candies, or punches home with the kids. I reqally don't need it around. I'll nibble at it until it is gone, especially since we limit the littles sugar constantly!! Baby got his name on this cake soo since he will be bit whopping year old later this month. Sooo many birthdays, soooo little time!!



We went to a very promising Southern Gospel Concert on Friday (yes, after a visit, bad.bad.bad move). I have heard about "His Song" from several members of our Church and really, really wanted to hear them. With Grammy and Zoey's assistance and a lot of patience from the people around us - we managed to stay thru the first 1 hour. Baby, Boo, and Mary all LOVE the music. They are just mesmerized by it. Baby clapps and dances, Mary just watches - mouth open, and Boo does a little of all of it. So there be the problem. Pelik does not care for any attention that is directed elsewhere. The second time Papa had to bring him back - screech going, arms flailing, legs kicking, we left. We even thought to bring his special seat - to no avail - his screech could be heard over anything anyone did. But I did get to enjoy a few pieces and I did get tapes. If you ever get the chance, listen.



We did get thru Sunday School - to find that Pelik had been again religated to his special chair for the duration of his class. And about the 1st half of the Service before my headache had become a thunderous pounding. I asked Keith about going home - he said ok and we picked the littles up (they were the only ones in the nursery) and let the kind nursery workers go to the rest of the service. After "loading up" (I do belive the term herding cats is so very appropriate to what we do) - Keith asked if I had eaten. Well, I've been TRYING to lose some of my megapounds and had a very busy morning getting everyone ready, so, no - except for a PopTart (diet food huh). So - that was probably the largest part of my headache - then.



We had a pretty normal afternoon, evening and night - Baby must've been really, really tired. He went down for a nap about 5:30 and slept until 7:30 this morning. I dozed in my chair until about 2, went to bed, got up about 4:30 - and started over.



Now that I've whined and moaned and groaned and vented a bit - frustration is such a wonderful thing!! I want all of you lurkers to know that not leaving comments is rude!! How do I know if anyone is even reading this trash that I put together?????? Comment, please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm here and read. Sorry that you have a headache and that Pelik is being such a pain.

I will try to get Rod to scan pics so that I can update.