February 28, 2007

New 'puter

Well, the Gateway finally bit the dust. I was putting the finishing touches on our tax return with Turbo Tax when Pelik ran by and just HAD to hit the monitor!! That did it. Blank screen - blank mind, blank, blank, and more blank. After blinking a million times - a walk around the outside, a little deep breathing time in the screen room - got to where I could discuss the issue of NO PUTER with Keith without tears. He took it down to best buy to see if ANYTHING could be done!! Of course, they could put a new monitor on - after sending it out for several days (or weeks - as the case may have been) but the cost was more than a whole new laptop. So now, I'm the proud owner of another Compaq. Seems to be working nicely. It's a lot smaller than the Gateway - lighter too. And they did a "data dump" on a periferal (sp) hard drive that we took out of the desktop we used to have. Only trouble is - old data is mixed with new data - so I don't know which data I want.

So everyone, bear with me. I am rebuilding my address book, calendar, and picture files. A bit slowly - but they are coming along. The Geek Squad was here today for almost 3 hours trying to put our "home network" back together. Shoulda been a snap - but - did I forget to mention? ? ? it has Vista for an OS. So now I've used them all. DOS, Windows 3.1, Windows 98, 2000, XP, MAC, and now VISTA. Oh, and before you run out and buy a new puter - Vista is not compatible with PCAnywhere, Lexmark 6100 printer/fax, most of the software that I've put hundreds of dollars into. My photo editing software, all my links, I'm soooo bummed.

But he finally got it all together. And I can use the web.

And Keith called - he is in St. Louis for a week or so. He will have (I hope) a good visit with April and they plan to drive over to see Mom B while he is there. I really hope they enjoy themselves - I'll be praying that it is a great visit!!! I know how much I miss being so far from my Baby and I'm sure he feels the same way!!

So, I'm a single Mom - my first full day will be tomorrow!! It has to be saner than today with the Geek and therapist and trying to get myself a bit organized. I have lots of little projects to finish while he is gone - let's see how many I get done!!

Pastor is better, has been released from the hospital and is resting at home - We are all praying for him and for the several others from our Church that are having trials of their own right now. Again, any time I start to feel sorry for myself or get into the "pity party" I look around and see how much the Lord has blessed me - more and more since I've let Him back into my life. And I have my Baby Daughter to thank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That stinks about your computer BUT at least you are one step ahead of the game! Now when they stop supporting XP you won't have to worry about it.

Hope you survived with Poppa gone!